Barcelona_Spain(results)

Saturday June 21st 2008
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Barcelona_Spain(results)

Post by dave c »

Well, this is my first time to post and participate in any forum (apologise beforehand if the images don't show up, can't see them in the preview).
My plan for the day was to start at the Parc de Ciutadella, pass through Born and finish up at the Plaza de la Cathedral (the unexpected heat on the day didn't form part of the plan!). The following are some of examples of the days sketching. Let's see if the next time I can round up some company.

Last edited by dave c on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr.sch
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: Barcelona_Spain(results)

Post by mr.sch »

Fourth one is the best, great lines, maybe you don't need washes. As for posting, you should put direct links between [img]and[/img] tags next time. Cheers!
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Thanks for the comment Mr.Sch, very much appreciated :) . I usually try to put tones when possible as I feel it's one of my weak points when it comes to doing it from imagination but yeah, maybe I shouldn't do it on all drawings, might even allow me to get more sketches done. Thanks for helping to solve my technical problem with posting the images, looks like it's working now. Cheers!
killmax
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by killmax »

ehy! I really love your people!
simple but so real!
are you an animator?
ChristinaA
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChristinaA »

I also like your people very much, specially nr 3. Great hairstyle on the woman in the middle :)
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Thanks for your comment Killmax. Yeah, I work as an animator. Finding great inspiration here on the board. Really like your watercolours on the Firenze post.

Hi ChristinaA. Glad you liked the drawing of that lady. She kind of stood out in the crowd, although I did exaggerate her hair a bit ( just a bit :) ). Love your combination of lines and tones on the Nora post.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

These are great!! I really like the first one and the one of the church dome. You have great lines in your sketches!!
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Thanks for the comment, Joan. I usually work with lines but would like to try more stuff with colour.Looking at every bodies colour work on the board is really inspiring.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Great sketches! I enjoyed your landscapy ones, but I like the people ones best - you captured their body language very well.

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”