Paramus, Bergen County, New Jersey [RESULTS]

Saturday June 21st 2008
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Paramus, Bergen County, New Jersey [RESULTS]

Post by Joan T »

Rohit - Thanks so much. The carousel was my favorite place to sketch so far.

Matt - Funny how the carousel was popular. Thanks.

Mr.Sch - The zoo animals were fun to sketch. Luckily the animals weren't super active.
ChristinaA
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChristinaA »

It must have been hard to sketch the carousel animals while the carousel was in movement all the time! I'm very impressed that you both succeeded to do that!
Very nice animal sketches also of the living animals :) But the american elks, are you sure they are elks? Our swedish ones lookes very different :shock:
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Christina - Luckily the carousel stops for quite a while to unload and reload. That was when I did most of the sketching. It wasn't easy. I got up a few times to go where my animal stopped next. The sign at the zoo did say "American Elk" so I'm pretty sure that's what they were. They were big!
ChristinaA
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChristinaA »

Joan T wrote:Christina - Luckily the carousel stops for quite a while to unload and reload. That was when I did most of the sketching. It wasn't easy. I got up a few times to go where my animal stopped next. The sign at the zoo did say "American Elk" so I'm pretty sure that's what they were. They were big!
Sorry Joan, I had it mixed up. In Sweden vi have "älg", and I thought that elk and älg was the same thing, but it isn't. Älg in english is moose :oops:
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Great work Joan and Michelle. You really made it tough on yourselves choosing a Carousel and animals at the zoo as subjects. It's true, seems like no matter what animal you pick to draw it's gonna move ( if not another will come and make it move :) ). Really like the colours you used .
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Matt, the carousel was a lot of fun, you really had to be on your toes though.

Mr.Sch - the zoo is a great place to sketch. This was a pretty small zoo, but it did have some interesting animals to sketch, like alligators and bison. Hard to believe that you can find bison roaming the range here in New Jersey.

Christina, like Joan said, we did most of our sketching when it was stopped, and sometimes we got up and carried our sketchpads and stools over to where our animal stopped. For my first two sketches, I just started one animal while it was stopped, and then added other animals beside or behind the next time it stopped. Eventually you got the same animal again and you could work on it some more.

Thanks, Dave. It was a little tough working with moving targets, but last sketchcrawl we sketched a big bridge that didn't move at all, and that was tough too. :lol:

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”