Bryan/College Station, Texas

Saturday June 21st 2008
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Bryan/College Station, Texas

Post by granny c »

We're anxious to participate here in the Brazos Valley area. Looking forward to it.
Anyone else in this area interested in joining in?
I'll be contacting those who have expressed an interest to me.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station, Texas

Post by granny c »

I've just learned that June 21 is also the date for the Texas Reds Festival in downtown Bryan. (Steak, wine, and entertainment, etc.) So there should be lots of people in town and added things to draw. It will probably be much warmer then (but not as bad as July, August, Sept.) but we can always find a shady spot or work indoors some if it gets too hot.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station, Texas

Post by granny c »

Here's the plan for Bryan.
Meet at the Frame Gallery in downtown Bryan to check in beginning about 9 a.m.
People who want to work as a group, may want to meet at the LaSalle Hotel in the courtyard, and have coffee, if they need it.
Some may want to stay together and decide where to work; others may prefer to spread out and work in various places around the area. The Texas Reds Festival will be going on downtown, so there will be lots of activity there. (That's a steak and wine festival.)
Spend the morning and afternoon sketching. There is entertainment that night for those who want to stay around for that.
At the end of the day, meet back at the Frame Gallery to share experiences and work.

Those who are in the Calvert area can meet at Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street, then go out and sketch during the day.

Let's get out and draw the Brazos Valley!

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”