French Riviera (RESULTS)

Saturday March 29th 2008
mainlinesunset

Wonderful sketches!

Post by mainlinesunset »

Hi Everyone,
I loved looking through your sketches. What a wonderful town to sketch in - thank you for sharing it with me. All of your do very nice work.
Regards,
Susan
http://susansscribblesnscrawls.blogspot.com/ :P
marcello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by marcello »

Mattjonez : what nice line!! I like the last one
Carlos : compliment for the grafite line and the very poetic watercolor.
Sebtkh : nice point of view for sketshing ,I like the campanile one.
El Mahico: beautiful view whit shadows.

Ceriana was a place for many artist , I remember beautiful place maby little malanconic , but full of old energy.
regards
marcello
http://www.marcellomurru.blogspot.com/ :D
annelito
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by annelito »

Aaaah! What can I say that hasn't been said already?? All of your sketches are amazing, just marvellous. I think your sketches are my favourites so far in this thread. What talents you are, all of you! Great lines, great colours, great washes and I just love all of them. The buildings, the people, the photos. And what an inspiring place to be at!

Thank you for joining the SC so we could enjoy all these great sketches!
blob
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by blob »

What a magnificient place to draw, and you re all incredibly talented ! Those sketches are gorgeous...

Carlos, tu cartonne toujours autant ! Enorme la ptite camionette :)
A quand un projet perso utilisant tes talents en dessin ?

En tout cas c est enorme qu on ait tout deux rejoins le sketchcrawl en meme temps, chacun de notre cote, a des milliers de kilometres de distances :D
redhen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by redhen »

Ooh, I feel like I just had a mini-vacation to Europe! Beautiful work!!!
MattJonez
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MattJonez »

Thanks so much everyone for the positive response-it encourages us all.
For those who asked I was drawing with a combination of regular Papermate fibre tip pens,a thick black marker, dried out calligraphy pens, Indian ink & watercolour.

After the January Sketchcrawl we couldn't wait for the next one & went on an unofficial crawl in February. We visited Eze-another medieval village-perched high on the cliffs above Monaco. It's a stunning location & we had perfect weather conditions for sketching. Carlos & Seb have already posted their sketches from the day & here are mine:

This ancient, gnarled tree makes a perfect natural canopy when the sun gets too hot. It dominates the terrace of my favourite café in Eze- 'Le Nid d'Aigle' the Eagle's Nest.

Planes fly in low over Cap Ferrat in their approach to Nice Cote d'Azur airport. Inredible views on that flight path.

Sketchcrawl has really given us motivation & we're eager to do the next one. Maybe a day in Cannes? I know some good places for breakfast & lunch, there's lots to draw-the millionaires yachts in the harbour, the castle museum on the hill, the people on the Croisette, the extravagant hotels. . .perhaps the date will coincide with the film festival?

In February we also made a couple trips to the nearest zoo on Cap Ferrat.:
http://mattjonezanimation.blogspot.com/ ... zoo-2.html

http://mattjonezanimation.blogspot.com/2008/02/zoo.html
Last edited by MattJonez on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
annelito
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by annelito »

Just breathtaking sketches! To me it looks like paradise and I really want to travel there some time in the near future. And the photos are just marvellous to look at, such a beautiful scenery from all the locations and those sketches from your earlier unofficial SC were just fabulous.

Thank you also for letting us know about the materials you used, pens and colors, it's always interesting to know.

Your style is very inspiring and I wish I had at least half of your talent. I am looking forward to more results from your "crew".

Just BRILLIANT!
anthonyf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by anthonyf »

really cool stuff.
beautiful location...it's like the ultimate sketchcrawl day.
anthony
John D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John D »

Really nice work! Here, let me say that again. Really nice work. What a beautiful interesting place too. And the faces on those old guys . . . Fantastic!
John Deckert
www.johnd.com
mr.sch
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: French Riviera (RESULTS)

Post by mr.sch »

Uhh! Ohh! Ahh! Ihh! Ehh! :shock:
Did I miss some sketch maybe? Well...
Ihh! Uhh! Ehh! Ohh! Ahh! :shock:
There you go... (straight into favorites)
:roll:

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”