Seattle - WA - USA [results]

Saturday March 29th 2008
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Seattle - WA - USA [results]

Post by gabi campanario »

It was the first time I joined the group of Seattle sketchers. There were six of us this time. We met at the Olympic Sculpture Park. It was cold but we had some nice sun breaks. I had a great time. Can't wait for the next one!

I warmed up with some sketches on my way to the Park. I even met this young man at Victor Steinbrueck Park that was very interested in what I was doing and didn't mind posing for a quick drawing.

--------------------------------
gabi campanario
http://gabicampanario.blogspot.com
JamieWG
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JamieWG »

What a great idea to go to a sculpture park!!! I love your use of the double-long landscape format. You were very productive!

Jamie
annelito
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by annelito »

Wonderful lines gabi! Very nice style and I love the color tones and the "less is more"-style. Excellent results and thanks for sharing! I especially like no 3 from the top. Very "architect"-style:ish.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

found you on flickr before ;-) and repeating myself: I like your widespreaded linework!
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

YEAH!!! Seattle results posting!!!

Gabi I really like the 1st and 3rd one too! I dont remember seeing the 3rd one on Sat tho. I might not be paying attention :P The colors are wonderful and the quick portraits on last page are awsome!

I'll hope to get mine up soon :D

// and oh next one will be all nice and warm and sunny too! maybe we could even do picnic for lunch :D:D:D
..I'm saying so the rain will be considerate and not coming out on the next sketchcrawl
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

gabi campanario
Nice widescreen sketches.
and beautiful colors!
I love your report too!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Tim
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tim »

Here's my report from the day in Seattle.

I went to a figure drawing session in the morning before meeting the group at the sculpture park:

The group met at noon. Here we are, huddled in the nice (warm!) visitor's center:

There are busy train tracks behind this spot and while I drew, the trains were driving me crazy with their noise and the exhaust fumes and the horns etc etc etc. I think it actually caused me to work in a much harsher style than I normally do. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it. :-)

Unfortunately I had to leave the group after just one sketch, and the only other drawing I managed to get done during the day was this water flask at a show I attended that night. The show was good anyway!

The weather was pretty nice, especially compared to what it's been like lately. Just a bit chilly. I had a great time even though I could only hang with the group for a little while. It was nice to once again see the people I met last time, and meet some new folks for the first time, and I can't wait for the next one!

Great stuff Gabi. I wish I could work that well, that fast!

The rest of you guys get your drawings up so I can see what I missed.
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

thanks for all the nice comments! :D

Tim, your fine line is exquisite, makes your drawings really sharp looking. I also really like the angle and crop of Calder's Eagle sculpture.
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lbeefus »

Had a great time Saturday! I'm blown away by both Gabi and Tim's sketches, and am slightly embarrassed posting mine up, but I learned a lot Saturday, and am looking forward to next time! :) Tim, I really like the bottle--glad you posted it since I didn't get to see it Saturday! And Gabi, I love the perspective in the landscape drawing!

I'd never thought to use an ink wash in a Niji pen until I saw Gabi's pen, so I tried it at home, and really love it!

Last edited by lbeefus on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
killmax
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by killmax »

wow Tim!
I love your bottle of water!
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

hey Tony, i'm so glad you did that view of Richard Serra's "Wake" sculpture. it looks great!!! i also like your typewriter-eraser. very confident line work! let's do some mini-sketchcrawls on the 'off season' if you guys are up for it!
MarilynnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MarilynnB »

Yay, Seattle folks! I was just out there at your sculpture park a few weeks ago (the week the sun was actually shining). It's really a cool place and y'all have captured it really well.

We're thinking of moving to the PNW, so it's good to know sketchers are out there and getting together.
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Nice work, everyone! I've been to this park and you've all represented it beautifully. I'm very happy to see people sketchcrawling in Seattle, where I used to live. A nice group and worthy location.
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

:oops: my posts. I have only 3 and photos are taken in bad lighting.

xiaoxuan says hers will be up this weekend. I will push her :)

Tim, I have also my figure drawings uploaded here :)
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

Tim, I love that bottle drawing! looks so nice I want t own one :) like all the colors you have too!

the figure drawings look great! hope will see each other there sometime :)

Tony, that last one with wash is really awsome, the wash added lots depth! and Agree with Gabi, the eraser one is just great.

Cant wait to meet you guys again :D

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”