Sacramento - CA - USA [RESULTS]

Saturday March 29th 2008
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Sacramento - CA - USA [RESULTS]

Post by pete »

Sacramento, well midtown, on a fairly cool March saturday, always buildings and trees to draw, and it began at sutter's fort ($6 to get in, well needless to say we didn't go in). There were three others (nice to meet you by the way!), beginning at sutter's fort and dispersing across midtown; i think i was the only one to go to the pub at the end, but the pub was packed anyhow; i did have a couple of nice ciders (appropriate after spending the day wandering the streets). And i got a nice stool at the art store on j street: $11, kikkerland, super light, fold-up, even fits into my nice small sketchbook-sized shoulder bag, so today, because of this find, i was a very happy bunny.

Here's what happened:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Pete: these are incredible--linework divine and perfect washes
shawn
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by shawn »

Well done Pete! Quite amazing sketches filled with life! You did quite a few of them too, wonderful!
marcello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by marcello »

the houses and the detail are very impressive,
I like the brown house very much
ChristinaA
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChristinaA »

One can see in the wonderful sketches that you enjoyed nice weather for your crawl, I envy you! Beautiful sketches! Lovely.
MikeBacchin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MikeBacchin »

Wonderful watercolours!
Lovely lines and colours, spectacular
artsyfran
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by artsyfran »

Fabulous drawings! Thanks for sharing your results.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

cheers! weather was ok, bit nippy, not sunny like most other days but not rainy like in the morning. Pretty good sketching weather.
annelito
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by annelito »

Great work! So nice to see your results Pete and also nice with photos of your materials and surroundings.
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Pete - wow! Again, I love these!
Walker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Walker »

Wow Pete, nice stuff! you were busy. We were lightweights for sure. We warmed up at Pete's coffee (no relation) then hung out at a barbershop across the street called Eddy's Deluxe. Then we ended up digging for records at yard sales and antique malls. oh well, maybe we'll be more product next sketchcrawl.

WWBCD? - What Would Ben Cartwright Do?
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Walker, well that is a cute little barbershop sketch
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

I agree...that barber chair piece is wonderful! Nice work as well Pete, beautiful sketches.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

nice barbershop sketch! Lke the choice of colour. sorry i couldn't catch up there, spent too long around sutter's fort; the red-dressed-people turned out to be interesting (i thought they were a cult, turns out they were fun-runners, don't know what's worse). Funny thing, a few of them came up and asked me to photograph them. I'm in the middle of a drawing i said, sat beneath a tree with paintset in hand, can it wait a couple of minutes? It couldn't. T'was a quick sketch after all, so I packed away the brush and took their photo. But if I'd asked them to, for example, stop fun-running and come and help me bring the shopping in, for example (a bad example), well, they'd have wanted to finish the race, and then bring my shopping in. Then again, if I hadn't gone and photographed them, I would never have found out they were fun-runners (in case you're wondering it's like gun-runner but they smuggle fun, presumably beneath their dress).
And then the pub later on, about forty people came in, men and women (mostly women), dressed in a variety of colourful golf-type outfits, the hats and the gloves and the funky trousers that look like my lounge pants and those patterned tank tops and socks, milled around, played darts, and sodded off. It was a day of interesting groups of characters.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Terrific line and wash sketches, Pete.

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”