Los Angeles, CA - USA

Saturday March 29th 2008
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

OK - let's go with Alina's original suggestion of Van Nuys/Balboa Park and a chance to see cherry blossoms! Alina, please inform your group of the location, and I will do so on my end...

Echo Park would be better in May, when lotus is blooming and lots of people show up during Lotus Festival - though parking is indeed tricky.
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

COOLIO!!

Van Nuys/Balboa Park it is then!!

10:30am meet up time at the Children play area, near the very first parking lot, when you enter the lake area.

http://www.laparks.org/dos/aquatic/faci ... Balboa.htm
Last edited by Ice-Cream Monster on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gittens7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

where are we craling?

Post by gittens7 »

have we decided yet?
Art is life, life is art
www.g1toons.com
www.g1toons.blogspot.com
gittens7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gittens7 »

never mind i just saw the post
Art is life, life is art
www.g1toons.com
www.g1toons.blogspot.com
scarybunny726
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by scarybunny726 »

Cool! We are SO gonna try to be there (turns out this saturday may be tricky now :( ) but if not this time, then certainly the next. In any case everyone have a great crawl! :)
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Okay, cool!

Post by leeroy »

See you guys there around 10:30 at the children's play area. Alina, I think you're right for whatever reason it makes sense to leave it as an "L.A." crawl if that seems to work for everyone.

Also, the last crawl I went to in San Francisco, we met at 11 am and then all met back up in the same location at 4pm to share sketches. So I'm thinking, since we're meeting at 10:30, I will plan on staying until 3:30. Anyone else who cares to stay for that amount of time is welcome, of course. I imagine with a small group, we'll have plenty of opportunity to see everyone's sketches and all talk to each other throughout the crawl, but anyway, that's my plan!

Also, to anyone who might find it difficult to get there at 10:30, come late and you'll know that someone will still be there up to 3:30 or so. Better to come late than not at all!

Hmm, what else? I'd wanted to make up some fliers for this sketchcrawl and post them around town (at schools and studios and art supply stores), but I wasn't able to get to it. Maybe next time. It seems with all the studios and artists here in L.A., that we should have a lot more people coming to the crawls. Something to work at in the future, perhaps.

Cheers, all. See you soon.

By the way, Alina, is there a place to get lunch around the park or should we brown bag it?
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

Leeroy,

Good point, bring lunch is a good idea. I can't remember they have food places near the lake within walking distance. Sometime they do have ice-cream truck there ... but don't think it's a good idea to eat a lot of ice-cream for lunch. LOL

Alina :wink:
Silvia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Ouch! Can't make it!

Post by Silvia »

Sorry all you wonderful artists... I was REALLY looking forward to this, but I got involved in a last minute art project, that might become part of a performance in downtown (IF i can finish it!).

If you feel like checking it out (aside form whetehr my piece is there), it's FREE and a one time only event.

It is "real" 3D animated zoetropes, built on LP (records) with strobe light. Very fun. 2 artists in from the Ukraine.

Info:
Visual Vinyl Performance
Saturday, March 29, 7-10 pm
at Gallery de Soto
108 West Second Street (downtown between Spring and Main)
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Parking available on Spring Street
Free & open to the public

Happy sketching to all, I'll think of you while I sculpt...

Ciao!

Silvia

:cry:
Xavier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Los Angeles, CA - USA

Post by Xavier »

Wow! The sketches from LA look great! Good job guys!

-Xavier

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”