Sacramento, California - USA

Saturday March 29th 2008
Christopher
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Christopher »

How about it Sac-crawlers? Let's unleash our mighty pens, pencils and/or brushes on the city for No. 18! Anybody up for it?

I know for No. 16 some people were eyeballing Fairytale Town, across from the zoo, as a potential crawl location. Does this sound good to anybody?

Also I know Old Town has been done before but I think it would be great to pick a part of the area that maybe didn't get explored last time.

Other ideas?
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

i was thinking about midtown, lots of interesting buildings and stuff around J street, up to sutter's fort area. Of course i might not be able to do it this time anyway, but if it were in sac, that's where i'd like to draw.
Christopher
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Christopher »

Nice call Pete.

I could see how Sutter's Fort might make a nice starting point, and I actually really like drawing in that stretch of midtown that runs between Sutter's Fort and the Capitol -- down K, L or Capitol -- it's one of the more bustling parts of the city on the weekend. There's usually always a really interesting mix of people out. And I'd have to say that I'm most interested in drawing people around the city right now.

I really hope you can make it out, it'd be fun to draw with you again, Pete!
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Christopher: we have lots of biking and birding to do. Don't want to commit, but it'd be great to bike across the Causeway to sketch with you! I'd love to do Sutter's Fort area, and there really are cool things to do in that section of town.
Christopher
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Christopher »

Yes! Let it be so! That would be sweet if you guys could make it out.

There's obviously no birding to do in midtown, is there?
sddonlon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

In the Placerville area...

Post by sddonlon »

Hi all,
I've never attended a Sketch Crawl, but am looking forward to this one. Let me know where and when...

Many thanks!
Sherri
Walker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Walker »

I like this idea. I run a weekly alternative drawing studio here in Sacramento. I'll be sure to round up some of my artist for the next SketchCrawl.
WWBCD? - What Would Ben Cartwright Do?
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

Sacracrawl... here's my suggestion. I suggest we have a defined start and end point, so that anyone who joins late or wanders off can still meet up at the end for the sketchbook swapping bit which is always so fun and instructive. The Sutter's fort place is a good starting off point (and it's right near the univeristy art store, for buying any last minute micron pens), how about 10.30?
And I would suggest, as an end point, the Streets of London pub on J street & 18th, as it's a good place to get a cold beer on a saturday afternoon, at say 4pm? I usually finish my midtown sketching days there.
No 'route' as such, just take in midtown and all its trees houses and people and birds and cars and little shops.

Sutter's Fort: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&g ... 8&t=h&z=19 perhaps meet just outside?

Streets of London: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 16&iwloc=A

hope to see you there!
Walker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Walker »

Sounds good to me. If the weather is as good next weekend, I'd like to get Ol' Sacramento in the mix.

So we're meeting outside the front entrance of Sutter's fort, 10:30?
WWBCD? - What Would Ben Cartwright Do?
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

see you there! hope it doesn't rain.

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”