Bernal Heights
5%

Total votes: 22

enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

San Francisco - USA

Post by enrico »

So ... let's brainstorm places to hold this next one ... I feel quite good about the latest "roam one neighborhood" format as opposed to "treck around the city" feels like it's a little more relaxing and we get a little more drawing done ...

So what neighborhood would you like to see the next crawl take place?

I know there was interest in Pacific Heights ... any other ideas or preferences?
The Mission, Nob Hill, The Marina ....

Enrico
Last edited by enrico on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neefer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by neefer »

Not that I've made it to one before, but I am much more likely to attend if the location is accessible by BART. I don't mind walking a mile or so or more in good weather, but transferring to MUNI is just too hard for me. :roll:

I'm sad that I missed the Chinatown one. That was accessible, but I was just too busy.
Neefer
redhen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by redhen »

I love the idea of the Marina! There should be plenty of kites, lots of people, dogs, boats, not to mention just a nice place to spend the day. Of course, being Sketchcrawl it will be sunny. I also think the Presidio and Crissy Field would be a good location sometime (not the same day -- too spread out)
lsdsf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lsdsf »

Another armchair sketchcrawler here... Keep trying to make one, but...
I'm vtoing for for natural (chrissie field/palace of fine arts lagoon) or industrial (SOMA, china basin-but too hard to get to by MUNI).

Neighborhoods: N Beach, Nob Hill, Mission, whatever...
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dcolivier »

For a Crawl in Nov I did one with a few people at Fishermans Wharf and it was great! We met at the Fishermans Wharf sign and drew crabs, fish at the market, people waiting for the bush man to pop out and scare people, great signs along the way, the great street cars that stop in front of Walgreens, the boats at the piers, the swimmers at the dolphin club and on to the beach and then you can walk up and get great views of the bay and the park. Originally it was the Wharf to north beach but there was so much to draw just at the wharf I would love to go back with a larger group!
vivianaldridge
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by vivianaldridge »

North Beach-- around the Italian cafes and Washinton Square. I love the old European feel down there and there is so much history in that area too!

Telegraph Hill would be interesting, especially the
"not so apparent" staircases.

Cheers,
Vivian
wspies
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

excited about industrial

Post by wspies »

a good friend just pointed me to this concept - the sketchcrawl - so exciting!!

i really like the idea of people working and other industrial settings. not that this is a democracy, but would love something more about building and societies.
reelcartoons
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

SF Sketch...

Post by reelcartoons »

Marina sounds great! Let's get the vote shakin'
lisalou
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Golden Gate Park

Post by lisalou »

How about crawling around here? The Arboretum, Japanese Tea Garden, Conservatory...so many things!
AlienGirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Panhandle/Haight St Option

Post by AlienGirl »

I'd love to do Panhandle/Haight St. Within two blocks, you have tons of great nature and tons of crazy SF street life. Something for EVERYONE! Can't wait to do my first SketchCrawl! Love the concept. Cheers!
John D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

one street

Post by John D »

I'm not too familiar with San Francisco but I walked up Fillmore once, stopping at any intersection that looked interesting, sketching whatever I saw.
Maybe that's another idea; choose a street; start at one end and sketch your way through all it's neighborhoods. A slice of the city. A cross-section.
This will be my first sketchcrawl. Never gone with a group before. I think it will be interesting to see how other people work. It sounds like fun.
I lived in NY City before and always heard there were people who sketched while taking the subway, but I never saw one. It's where I really earned to draw, going back and forth to work.
fuzzmum
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco Ferry Bldg

Post by fuzzmum »

Not sure if the group has been in the past but the San Francisco Ferry Building would be a great site to meet for the the next Sketchcrawl.
It's a fun place for people watching, the farmers market is there on weekends, of course the Bay Bridge, ferry boats and container ships, and the interior of the Ferry Building is always fun to sketch. From there both Chinatown and North Beach are close by. What do you think?
regina
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Look forward to my first crawl

Post by regina »

Any of the listed locations are great. There is always something to draw. Am excited to participate and just want to find out: where and when do we meet? Anything I need to bring besides sketching supplies?
Thanks.
missamelia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by missamelia »

Looks like there are a few different areas of interest to everyone, and all of them sound great. I know the SketchCrawl group has explored the Ferry Building, Washington square and North Beach already, but still those are fantastic places to be. If we wanted to start somewhere new, I don't think the group has been around the Marina, Presidio or Fisherman's Wharf yet. The only things I'd be hesitant about with the wharf would be temperature (aka wind) and crowds.

I do know that there are some great old sailing ships (1800s?) docked in the marina that are real fun to explore. You can walk in and around them and everything. If we could find a good coffee house in the morning to meet up at somewhere around North Beach or near the Marina, would anyone be into that?
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I've just added a poll to figure things out ...
please vote on your favorite spot to meet and crawl around ... and if you don'
t see a neighborhood you'd like to be listed in the poll, let me know and I'll add it to it.

cheers !!

e

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”