Sketch Crawl

Saturday January 19th 2008
Robert T.
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sketch Crawl

Post by Robert T. »

I had a great time. The day was beautiful and the hoigh contrast in sunlight was perfect.
I have not figured out how to add my sketches. Can someone lend a hand.
Have a great day.
Robert
Donal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Donal »

You can do a few photo sites.

photobucket.
imageshack.
flickr.

:D
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

as i just tested, google's picasa web album works too!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Robert T: instructions:

1. Upload your images to Flicker
2. After you upload your photos, click on the first one and from that screen click on show all sizes.
3. Click medium size and scroll down to where it says, grab the photo's URL (this should begin with http://static)
4. Copy this url and go back to the sketchcrawl forum

In the forum message screen, up and to the right you will see a button labeled "Img"
5. Click the button IMG, paste the url you just copied, and then click the IMG button again.

If you click on preview at this point, you should see your image. You may add text to the message and then hit submit.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

thanks donnam, Robert, if you have problems you can also see this post
viewtopic.php?t=1866

were did you sketchcrawl ? Please format the name of the post like the others ... with the location where you sketched !

thanks !

As far as how to post info ... guess we should add that up top of the forum maybe ... together with how to participate ...

e
Robert T.
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Posting Images

Post by Robert T. »

Thanks everyone. As you can se I am not very computer literate. I have a PICASA account. Can littlefish or anyone else walk me through loading the images onto sketch crawl?
Thanks Robert
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Robert, here's what you do. Open your sketchcrawl thread and start a reply. Then go to the top of your computer screen and use the minimizer (blue square with a line in it). This will close your Sketchcrawl page and put it down at the bottom of your computer screen ready for you to click on it and open it again. Leave it there for now.

If all you see now is your desktop, start up your internet again. When it comes up, go into your Picasa account. Here's the complicated part.

1. Click on your first sketch.
2. Right click and a window will appear and you will see your URL address for that sketch.
3. Highlight the address - go into "File" on your menu bar at the top of your computer and click on "Copy"
4. Go down to where SketchCrawl is hiding at the bottom and activate it.
5. Click on "img"and it will appear in your message. Paste your sketch's address right next to [img]without%20any%20spaces,%20then%20click%20on%20[img]again.%20%20You%20should%20have%20your%20address%20sandwiched%20between%20two%20[img]and[/img]
6. Now you can add a comment or a description of your sketch. You may want to preview your message to see if it worked.
7. Go back to Picasa by clicking on the Picasa tab at the bottom of your computer.
8. Click on your second sketch and right click to get the address.
9. Repeat as you did for the first sketch.

Hope this helps. Good luck. It took me a couple of hours to figure this out, but it worked with my Flickr. photos.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

By the way, where in NJ did you end up sketching. My sis and I were at the James McFaul Environmental Center in Wyckoff, and the the Van Saun Zoo in Paramus, and finished off with coffee at the food court at Paramus Park Mall.
Robert T.
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Posting Sketches

Post by Robert T. »

Michelle
Thank you very much. I was able to take your instructions and post my sketches. I had such a good time sketching and was worried that I would not be able to post them. The Sketch Forum procedure is much easier. Later I will post them on Sketch Forum as well. The images are larger.
I sketched in three counties, Morris, Passaic and Bergen. We were very close to each other, I was in Ho Ho Kus towards the end of the day and in Wychoff for Austin's 11th birthday party.
Next sketch crawl we should try and get a group together to sketch in northern NJ.
Thanks again.
Have a wonderful day.
Robert

Return to “17th World Wide SketchCrawl”