Phoenix - Arizona - USA [Results]

Saturday January 19th 2008
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix - Arizona - USA [Results]

Post by crgcas »

Another excellent day of sketching in sunny Arizona! Greg, Nikol & Nichole joined us this time at the Wildlife World Zoo. I came back with a few sketches and a bit of sunburn. We sketched from 10 'till about 2pm when we starting really crawling. I'd imagine scans will be trickling in over the week this week. I had fun hanging out with Greg again and meeting Nikol & Nichole - sorry to have missed everyone who couldn't make it this time!

I'll post a few photos shortly as well, in the meantime here are my scribblings...

I was hoping to do a better banner this time but where did all the time go? :D
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Nicely done. Animals are tough aren't they? Guess the Arizona contingent went for animals this crawl.
billfulton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by billfulton »

I think the banner is awesome! Love the humor! Nice creatures, too, especially the rhino. Cool!
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

donnam: Yes, animals are tough! The prarie dogs are like drawing gnats. None have the descency to pose for us..

billfulton: Thanks! :)

Ok, Here are a few photos, I'll spare everyone the zillion animal pix but had to sneak a few in here.

This guy stole the show. While confirming for us that he was, in fact , really alive he trailed a stream of drool from mouth to ground for quite some time. Nikol reports you could see the puddle from the SkyRide.

New baby tigers

This is an albino wallabe, not an escaped mutated lab rat as I had previously assumed

Hel-lo!

There were a lot of albino animals there - wallabees, an aligator, etc. Much fun!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Thanks for the pix. The baby tigers are sooooooo adorable.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Craig, thank you for sharing "pics and pics" -- haven't there been any chances for "pics of pigs" in the zoo ?

Cool SC-Logo!

T.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Crgcas - Great group of animal sketches. I'm glad you had sunny, warm weather at the zoo. We were rather cold at the zoo in NJ. Your giraffes are super. I love how animals tend to pose with their butts facing us. Cool group of photos!!
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nikol »

Craig - I'm so glad you got your sketches up. The digital images don't do justice to the beautiful detail in your watercolors. My old scanner won't talk to my new Vista computer so I had to take pictures of my sketches. I'm going to try to post two of them here. *edit - the posting didn't work since I don't have any webspace. Here are links to flickr.

This is our friend Mr. Rhino:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23013949@N ... otostream/

This is my version of someone feeding a giraffe:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23013949@N03/2206963519/

It was great to meet everyone at the sketchcrawl. I hope that we do it again at a place where the subjects can't move!

Nikol
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Thanks Nicol! The camera didn't do your colors justice either but these are great - post the others soon (the IHOP one too!). If you need a spot I can host the images for you. Look forward to seeing the rest. Amy & the other Nichole's are coming soon - not sure when Greg will post his.

Craig
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Great zoo sketches! I like those giraffes - as well as the quickies of the sitting camel and the rhino.

Return to “17th World Wide SketchCrawl”