Sensei Crawler

Hamburg -- Germany :: RESULTS ::

Post by Thorsten »

Image ... for Hamburg
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

The weather turned out to be o.k. after heavy rain in the morning - as the weather is fine on any given SC ;-)

In end, I didn't have the time to do a day-time-crawl. So I chose to do a MovieCrawl and had the chance to watch the 1985 released "A Passage to India" -- based upon E.M.Fosters novel -- on DVD.

So these are some scenes taken from the very slow movie -- not as slow as one might believe though it was about 157 minutes long.

.. for [English] details on the movie click on poster below .. just added it to show you the funny lettering they used for the German title. ;-)

eduardo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by eduardo »

I really like the shapes in your caricatures. Nice batch. The man in the hat, and the elephant. *edit* I made a mistake here about mutter, sorry! I didn't know you were in Germany, man. I've been in Landschtul and Mittelbrun (spelling... hehe) for a bit. Beautiful country from what I remember.

P.S. Polo Classic is my favorite cologne, period. :D
Last edited by eduardo on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Peter Pen, I like sketching from DVD also -- I think you really caught the period "feel" of this one. I like the "mutter" a lot. (But then I think Peggy Ashcroft's fantastic, so I'm biased.)
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Sketches are charming and I really like the lettering too.
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

Gorgous stuff Peter......love the control you have over your line, each stroke has it's place. I especially like the riders on the elephant.....Beautiful!
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Thank you - ladies first - Donna, Eduardo, Pica and Jared!

I was first wondering, what you meant to say with "mutter" - I looked up the word and found "mumbling" .. but then I read the subtitles of my sketches again "Mutter" meaning "Mother" ;-)

And Eduardo: I haven't been to Landstuhl and Mittelbrunn yet ;-) So whenever you are here again: Give me a call up in the North ;-)
killmax
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by killmax »

Nice sketchs!
Elephant is so beautiful!!!!!!!!
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Thank youi Massimo!

I saw you have been on tour for about eight hours .. .you definitely might haven gotten cold hands ;-) For all the others, see his wonderful route here:

http://passouno.blogspot.com/2008/01/re ... ketch.html
mr.sch
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by mr.sch »

@Peter
What an idea! Have you ever thought about walking around with camcorder or camera, shooting without even looking through them...
and sketching (with your loose and charming lines/wash) from that material when you get back home? Give it a try next time, maybe?
Have a nice day!
8)

Return to “17th World Wide SketchCrawl”