New York City [Results]

Sunday November 4th 2007
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

New York City [Results]

Post by Alisa »

It was a lovely day of drawing at the Met. It was nice to meet Ronnie and Enrico again and everyone else who came out to draw. I took some photos which I'll post as soon as I upload them. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the group drew!

jamesb
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jamesb »

love the samurai helmets, alisa.. does that one have a rabbit on it??

i didn't do much, but it was still fun.. great meeting everyone, see you at the next crawl

Image Image
Image Image
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Wow, really beautiful drawings Alissa and James, looks like there were plenty of interesting things to sketch at the Met, can't wait to see more :)
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Wow James, what paper are you using? looks like a slightly rough surface, did great things to the pen?
jamesb
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jamesb »

pica- i'm just using kraft paper.. softer and smoother than it looks in the pictures, which are kind of grainy, but great texture nonetheless.
azulparsnip
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by azulparsnip »

very inspiring sketches, Alica is the order posted the order drawn???It looks like you really loosen up and got some great drawings.
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

Beautiful sketches there James and Alisa!
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Nice to see the figure sketches from later in the day James!
Azulparsnip- Yes, the ones at the top were drawn first.
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I posted some photos of the day to my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa5179/ ... 037635344/
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

alright !!!! Wonderful stuff Alisa and James. It was really nice to meet you all in NYC!!! I just got back in San Francisco and I am just finally able to take in all the amazing sketches from all over the world !! It's so nice to see such a great turn out !! Thank you all for participating !!

It'll take me a while to peruse all the entries and add my watercolors and sketches here to !

Enrico
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

here's some photos of my watercolors and sketches ... sorry some came out blurred ...

Biscuit Maker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

My New York report

Post by Biscuit Maker »

Thanks to everyone who made it to The Met. Some of you had traveled so far to join us and we really appreciate it. It was a good day to be drawing and the Met offered so many things to be distracted by. I forgot to draw for the first hour or so and only snapped out of it when I saw Enrico again wandering the galleries past the Modern Art rooms.

These are phone camera images of my sketch pages. I'll do a proper scan of these for a Sketchcrawl post on me blog. I hope I get to it by the end of this week or else it will have to be for December. Going away for a trip back to the Philippines. Thanks to everyone again for a successful Sketchcrawl.

enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Nice sketches Ronnie !! I tried and do the same thing with the iphone ... came out blurry too ... look forward to see the scans ... :)

e
larry
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by larry »

Y'know, I was bummed about missing the sketchcrawl since I would be out of town that weekend, visiting NYC. So I said "ah well" and forgot about it -- but my NY friends & I actually ended up in & around central park on sunday exactly when the crawlers were in the neighborhood! Wouldn't it have been a trip to randomly run into Enrico & Ronnie & the gang on the other side of the country? Lovely sketches as usual, all. Seeya next time. :)
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Great sketches everyone. The museum looks like a terrific spot for a sketchcrawl.

Michelle

Return to “16th World Wide SketchCrawl”