Sacramento [results]

Sunday November 4th 2007
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

It was a wonderful day at the Zoo! very inspiring indeed!!!

Alison (Pica): I love all your work, especially the Aaure-Winged Magpie and the flamingo! I would buy a print of that if you get it to press. Yeah, about that sketch of me. I felt like I was being watched and quickly turned toward you. There you were - caught in the act! :oops: I am very flattered!

Lori (crashhappy): Fantastic work! I saw you drawings in class, but I am just blown away by your sketches from the zoo. I especially love all the caricatures!

Amanda (rubbersushi7): Your artwork blows me away every time! The tiger and antelope show the weight of the animals so incredibly well. How you do dat?

Luke (zironu): You left me speechless! Fabulous work. Your linework is so clean and the colors are just perfect. You have a gift, my friend! Also, thanks for the great photos! We need to have a SketchCrawl pow-wow at that restaurant. The caricatures are fantastic!

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and to those who shared such great work! Let's see more!!! I'm totally inspired!!!

-henry
Christopher
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Drawing with a radical crew

Post by Christopher »

Sac-Crawlers!!!

Such a fun day with so many lovely people, only wish it was longer.

Here's two from mine on Sunday that I liked, the first and the last, oddly enough...

First is starting the day at Peet's for coffee before meeting everyone at the zoo...
Then some giraffes from the end of the day...

All the rest I put in a flickr set -- I did a double-header so it starts with the drawings from Saturday and goes straight through the "official" Sketchcrawl on Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/18182926@N02/94r345

Christopher
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Awesome work Chris and great to meet you!!! I didn't get to see a whole lot of your work while we were at the zoo. Thanks for the flicr link! Great work!

I just love the coffee shop painting!
Numenius
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Numenius »

I had a great time on Sunday. I've blogged a couple of my sketched critters here, but some more sketches are below:

-- Allan

ImageImage
ImageImage
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

wow BIG PARTY!!!!!!

hanksan
Nice quick style, and haha great blue spider!
thank you for the show us great photo!

zironu
wowow great sketches!!!!!
and nice Likeness!
I love rainbow bird sketch!!!

Pica
wow I like brown sketches,
I came to want to use a brown pen, too.

Christopher
Sweet sketches!
I especially like giraffe!!
it's so nice!

Numenius
nice animal sketches!
and I like your designed style!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

azulparsnip
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by azulparsnip »

wow, what a great bunch of sketches, I feel like I been to the zoo, the comic page and the jungle ........
crashhappy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

wow-ee-wow.

Post by crashhappy »

rubbersushi7
: The sleeping tigers are so nice. Agree with Hanksan, I can feel the weight of the cats pressed against the glass.
And the pose of that first red panda... love the line could either be "what's that?" interest or the end of a sigh. Probably the latter. Seriously, was there a big party at the zoo the night before? Cuz half the animals seemed hungover.

Where were the "something-something" antelope? Dangit.

hanksan : I digs that squat bird on a branch that almost looks like he's rocking a Kangol hat, lol. And the lizard towards the end. Nice personality on both!

zironu
- Yet again, I'm inspired to try watercolor. Lovely work, pandas and Garcia especially. Our interpretations are so different. Also the like the fleshed out backgrounds on the other paintings. Man, I gotta do backgrounds more... all my stuff looks like the construct from the Matrix: White walls with ambient light. :-(

And, course, those carics. kick ass.

Christopher - Again, inspiring stuff. Love the light in the cafe, how loose and gestural the giraffe is.

Numenius - That feline(?) in the corner is very nice. I like that simplicity... like a sumi painting, maybe.

Thanks for posting, guys. I learn as much, if not more, from checking out all your sketches as creating my own. Wonderful stuff. :-)
"Eye of the tiger! Mouth of a teamster!" -- H. Simpson
zironu
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by zironu »

I really had a great time Sketchcrawling on Sunday. It was such a pleasure to meet all of you and to be given the opportunity to draw with such great people and artists! We'll do this again sometime, haha.

Alison: Awesome pictures, and I love your enthusiasm! Sketching people even as you're waiting in line, haha. You really encourage me to draw at every opportunity. I love your birds, too - especially the line quality that you pull it off with. The scratchiness and hatching really give it a great texture and energy to the drawings.

Lori: I love the orangutan drawings! Especially that first one you did.. It's a really solid drawing, and you've really done a great job conveying your perception of the oran through it. Haha.. It really does look old and sad. Next time, please stick around! I'd love to draw with you some more!

Amanda: I like all the quick studies you've done of the animals. To show so much expression and gesture without having to get into details makes me want to work on pushing the expressions and actions in my own stuff.

Henry: Or shall I call you Mr. Santos? I love what you can express with tone - like your study of the eagle's profile. I also love the gesture of your animal drawings.. It looks so effortless that it blows me away.. Haha. I'll look forward to seeing you again. I'll probably drop by a couple times, yeah?

Chris: I love how you play with light. When you were showing us the stuff you'd done the day before, I was pretty blown away by the drawing you did in the cafe. Haha.. Awesome Flickr album, too! I've added you as a contact, if you haven't recieved a message.

Alan: I like the gestural qualities of your lines and brush stroke. Haha.. I especially like your flamingo. Great graphic style.

Again, it was a pleasure to draw with all of you. But some people have yet to post! Dave! Percys! Mr. Williams! Michelle! Where are your sketches?

And if anybody has Facebook, please look me up and add me as a friend! I'm listed as 'Luke In Ki Cho' in the Orange County Network. I'll look forward to adding you guys!
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

These are all fabulous!! Lovely animal drawings everyone!
rubbersushi7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: wow-ee-wow.

Post by rubbersushi7 »

crashhappy wrote:Where were the "something-something" antelope? Dangit.
They were next to the Bongos, past the Orangutan, near the lemurs. That zoo has a lot of lemurs.

Anyhoo, everyone's drawings look fantastic! That was such a fun day! When is the next sketchcrawl?
martha
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by martha »

You all did wonderful work at the zoo! I love all the very expressive animal sketches - lots of talent here. I've sketched with some of you in SF - maybe once we'll have a giant Northern CA SketchCrawl somewhere. Might need to be a whole weekend!
-martha

*** Trumpetvine Sketchblog ***
spacejockey
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sketchcrawl 07

Post by spacejockey »

tons of of fun-- i'm looking forward to the next Sketchcrawl--
here are my drawings from the sacramento zoo:

the Red Panda was very cute
Luke, Percys and Chris sketchcrawling:
My new friends Luke and Percys-- we kept sketching long after the zoo was closed
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

wow, beautiful work Sacramento ! Makes me want to go back to the zoo asap ...

e

Return to “16th World Wide SketchCrawl”