New York City

Sunday November 4th 2007
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

New York City

Post by enrico »

Hear hear ... Ronnie and I will be in New York city this weekend. Look forward to meeting artists there ...

At first I was thinking a crawl in the Metropolitan museum would've been really nice ... but I noticed that sunday 4th it's also the day of the NYC marathon, which makes me think that the upper east might be better avoided ... any thoughts or recommended routes?
Should we hang more downtown ?
Chinatown is always a lot of fun ...

looking forward to this ...

e
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Woo! Looking forward to seeing you both again.

I was actually going to suggest sketching at the marathon as I was planning to go and cheer on some friends who are running. Last year I watched from the lower 80s and the crowds weren't too thick. Might depend on how the weather turns out that day.

Always open to other suggestions!
christineu
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

ny location

Post by christineu »

howdy! this will be my first sketchcrawl, and I'm sure any NYC location will be great. However, I might persuade my handicapped father to join in, so if there's a spot with lots of benches (the Met Museum suggestion would probably fit), then that would be a plus for me.

I will be visiting from the SF area, so don't give my requests too much weight, but if it's all the same to everyone else...

thanks!

P.S. the NYC marathon explains the lack of hotel rooms that weekend; I wondered what was going on.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I'd be into a whole day at the Metropolitan Museum ... it'll make me nostalgic of old times ... sketching in there when I was a student ...

will we miss the "outside" ?

e
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

maybe we could do the morning in the museum and (if the weather is nice) get out in the afternoon ...

e
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

New York city crawlers have been quiet ... well we still hope to see some of you out there ...

Let's make the meeting point IN FRONT OF THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART AT 11:00 AM !

Ok?
Then we can go in the museum and maybe spend half our day there ... the rest we'll play by ear ... What do you say ?

My cell if you want to join the group later in the day :
(415)624-6842

cheers

enrico
lantimer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

a NY crawl for me

Post by lantimer »

I've always tried to organize crawls here in western mass, but I think I may just join you folks in NY. I've always wanted to meet Enrico and Ronnie both! I'm all for sketching city life myself, though the met is always great. I think we should show Our west coast friends some good east coast hospitality too, maybe kenka for dinner? It's a really great place to draw or eat, a funky izakaya style joint, known for good food, cartoon soundtracks, and $1 beer. Just an idea.
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

It turns out that I may be able to meet the rest of the group earlier in the day, some of my friends dropped out of the marathon.

The Met sounds good, I'll spread the word :) If it's nice out there are some nice spots in Central Park, or we can find a corner to draw the marathon.

See you Sunday!

Return to “16th World Wide SketchCrawl”