Berkeley Results

Saturday August 25th 2007
donab
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by donab »

This was my first "official" sketchcrawl and I wasn't really sure what to expect. I had to leave a bit early to make a dinner date back in Santa Cruz, so couldn't stay for the meet-up at the end. It was nice to meet those of you I met, briefly, at the initial gathering.

I hoofed it down Hearst St. to find a church that Jana mentioned, and spent an awfully long time trying to figure out its lines. That was frustrating, and I packed up my supplies and wandered around the shops for a little while. I saw Pete drawing outside of Cody's Books and couldn't figure out his subject - fun to see the Crate & Barrel sketch, which was the direction he was facing when I saw him!

Wanting to end my day on a good note, I settled in to draw some plants, which are far more comfortable for me, though I never did bust out the watercolors. It was a good experience, over all, and I hope to meet up with some of you again in the future when I have a bit more time to hang out.

Aubergine Blog: http://donabumgarner.typepad.com/

Eggplant Art Studio: http://eggplantart.com/
martha
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by martha »

Carrie: It was great to meet you! Thank you for joining us, and for posting these nice sketches too!

Doña: That church is indeed tricky [that's why I didn't attempt it :) ]. I really like all your drawing though, including that one! Thank you for joining us. It was nice to see you again, if briefly, and I hope to see you at a SketchCrawl again soon.
-martha

*** Trumpetvine Sketchblog ***
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

kudos

Post by crgcas »

I totally enjoyed all of these sketeches, thanks for sharing them. martha- these are all just great, i love your style and color!!! pete, also great color and selection of subjects.

Return to “15th World Wide SketchCrawl”