London

Saturday August 25th 2007
Sandra
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

great!

Post by Sandra »

That sounds great! At what time shall we meet?
ambassdor
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambassdor »

1000am

southbank, bottom of the steps of tower bridge? that white square right next to the bottom of the bridge?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 5110103215

that good for people?[/list]
Sandra
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Sandra »

Tom D wrote:The date of the sketchcrawl approaches, so I thought we ought to finalize plans for London. I propose the following route: sketching along the South bank of the Thames, from the London Eye to the National Theatre. That will give plenty of opportunity to observe people. There is also a small skate park along the route for action sketches. Following that, a trip across the river to Old Covent Garden, where there are better opportunities to sketch architecture and scenes with multiple figures. There are plenty of other places, but Old Covent Garden is a pedestrian mall with benches, steps and doorways to provide for decent seating. Alternative sketch location in case of rain would be at the National Gallery.

Meeting locations: on the South bank, meet at the London Eye at the place where the support cables are anchored to the ground. We can decide where to meet at Old Covent Garden. If we have to sketch at the National Gallery, meet inside the gallery at the Getty entrance (the ground floor off Trafalgar Square). There is a meeting area inside at the base of the stairs, outside the gift shop.

If anyone has any other ideas, please post them here. Start times are likewise open to discussion. I do not have internet access aside from at work, so I will not be able to know of any last minute updates. Please post any thoughts or concerns by 7pm or so on Friday.
well, are we meeting at tower bridge or the london eye?

10.00am is be fine for me at whatever place is chosen.
ambassdor
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambassdor »

tower bridge or national gallery sounds good.

london eye would be packed with tourists
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

everywhere would be packed with tourists, the tower area especially, it's london.

I'm not going, but may I suggest that if it rains, you consider the British Museum? I always found so much more to sketch in there than in the National Gallery, and that large covered courtyard is great also. Also, the last time I was at the National Gallery I was sketching on the steps outside (doing the view of the square) and a woman told me that I was not allowed to sketch there. I know the British museum's always been good for sketching, as has the Tate Modern, which if you're southbanking it anyway, is another great place for sketchcrawlers to go in the rain.

Best wishes!
ambassdor
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambassdor »

should we say, tower bridge then and southbank it? looks like no one's made anything definite for time or location.

10am towerbridge, see above map mmk?
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

I'll go with Ambassador's plan: southwest corner of Tower Bridge at 10AM, by the white square. I will not have internet access between now and the Sketchcrawl, so this is the plan that I will have to follow. If there are any major changes I hope someone can call my mobile at 078 0764 7956 to let me know.

I suggest that we meet at 10am and sketch in that general area until 10:30 so as to meet any latecomers. If the sketching is good, we can continue West until we get to the Tate. Let's plan on arriving at the Tate around 12 or 12:30. We would meet at the top of the large "ramp" on the West side of the Tate. Any latecomers would meet us at the Tate at that time.

From there we could either continue West towards the Eye or select a different destination. I suggest that we continue towards the Eye just in case we run into anyone who might be starting from the Eye and walking East.

It does not look like rain, but if it does I would choose the Tate over the British Museum. The British Museum is a good choice, but there are better seating opportunities at the Tate, as I recall. The crowds are more manageable and it is closer to our primary meeting area.
Sandra
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Sandra »

ok, see you there!!
Rekha Sameer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

sketchcrawl london

Post by Rekha Sameer »

Tom, Thankx for your email but i am planning to sketch in Buckinghamshire..Sorry i cant join you in London..
Enjoy your sketchCrawl...
Shall try and join in next time..

Rekha

Return to “15th World Wide SketchCrawl”