15th Los Angeles Crawl and post Comic Con special LA Crawl

Saturday August 25th 2007
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

akiko: those are great pictures, i like the way you have done the trees in the first one, and the colours in the last one are very nice!

storydesign: that's inspirational stuff with the digital tablet, really unusual and alive! Nice one.
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

akiko
Great style akiko!
I like 1st St sketch very much!!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

AWESOME drawings!

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

Awesome drawings guys!! That seems to be a GREAT time!!
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Here's part one of my sketches, with part two coming tomorrow. I've written a little more about these on my blog, but here are the images!

I used my new sketchbook, a Moleskine daily planner which I refilled with watercolor paper just the day before — more on my blog as well.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Storydesign- Great Ramen shop sketch!

Leeroy- what a cool idea for your moleskine! Great samurai guy sketch.

Akiko- Nice black and white street sketches.
akiko
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by akiko »

thanks for all the positive feedbacks!
I like street scenes an buildings. I've been trying to be more mindful about shapes - not just line.
I am used to opaque medium and have little patience for watercolor. But watching Lee-Roy and Shiho do watercolors helped a lot. I guess it's a matter of practice. (duh)
Lee-Roy - your book came out really nice. Looks like a fun project and your step by step on your blog is helpful. How did you round the corners??
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Akiko — I love your inks and the watercolor is great!

Thanks Akiko and Alisa for your comments on my sketchbook.

Now for some more sketches! (Each of these have descriptions included on my blog!) ;)

I enjoyed meeting you all for Sketchcrawl and I look forward to next time!

Sketchcrawlers unite! Pencil posse! Viva la Sketchcrawl!

:-P
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Oh! I forgot to mention. I use a corner-punch to round the corners of the moleskine pages. Marvy Uchida Corner Rounding Punch: http://www.dickblick.com/zz589/02a/

After punching all those corners, though, I kind of wished I had one that I could squeeze, instead of the push-button. My thumb was hurting by the end.
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

Hi everyone,

I enjoy looking at your sketches - so inspiring!

I still don't know how to upload or link images to this forum :( so here's the link to my blog with Sketchcrawl drawings:

http://shihonakaza.blogspot.com/2007/08 ... tokyo.html

The sketch of Japanese garden is the way I sketched it, and I colored drawings of people and the Nebuta float very quickly today.
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Your sketches are great, Shiho! I can tell you were paying attention to the little details. What people were wearing, a bird flying in the garden. It's a nice documentation of the day. You got a sense of the festiveness with all the people and color. Also, I like having the people in front of the float.

As for posting images on the forum, if you are interested in giving it another try, here are some instructions/explanation: Blogger seems to block images from being "hotlinked" or accessed directly. You can only view an image hosted by blogger when it is embedded in a blogger-hosted page. If you use Flickr.com or some other free image-hosting site, you can bypass this problem. Copy the image's location, then use the "Img" button to place it in a forum entry. Click the button once and it will insert an opening tag into the text (you'll notice the "Img" on the button changes to "Img*" — this means it's "on"). Paste your image's url/location after the opening tag. Then click the "Img*" button again to insert a closing tag after the image url and turn it "off." Repeat this for every image.
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

By the way — Alina! Sorry to have missed you at the Sketchcrawl. It was fun, though. Hope you had fun where you were, too.
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Sorry for all the comments, guys. Just realized, I guess we were supposed to start a new topic called Los Angeles Results? Ah, well.

Return to “15th World Wide SketchCrawl”