SketchCrawl Vancouver

the different cities and nations that made SketchCrawl history
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

SketchCrawl Vancouver

Post by enrico »

I know Tony and a few friends are gathering in Vancouver to sketchcrawl ... guess you'll need gloves ...
Anyone else ?

E
mothos
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mothos »

It's been a long time since I've sketched out on location. And I've never tried it with watercolour before. This is going to be fun!
Tony
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tony »

This should be fun. Though personally, I'm going to be sticking with dry media. I have enough trouble with the watercolours in a controlled environment -- I dunno if I want to try it in the broad outdoors.
Anne T
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: SketchCrawl Vancouver

Post by Anne T »

enrico wrote:I know Tony and a few friends are gathering in Vancouver to sketchcrawl ... guess you'll need gloves ...
Anyone else ?

E
I'm actually from the other Vancouver, down south in Washington State, but yeah, we'll probably need gloves, too! :wink:
--Anne
Anne T
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: SketchCrawl Vancouver

Post by Anne T »

enrico wrote:I know Tony and a few friends are gathering in Vancouver to sketchcrawl ... guess you'll need gloves ...
Anyone else ?

E
I'm actually from the other Vancouver, down south in Washington State, but yeah, we'll probably need gloves, too! :wink:
--Anne
levallee
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by levallee »

Hey Erico,

You inspired me to get myself fabriano art book and holbein waterbrush and go out and enjoy a beautiful day outside which I don't do to often since I am really busy.

I hope to have the chance to go out and get them online!

----------
2d vancouver film school student
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Tony- About using dry media: absolutely man, I am actually trying to clarify that SketchCrawl can be done with whatever ones want and is comfortable in ...

AnneT- Oh I see ... the other Vancouver. Well I am gonna buy some of those gloves with out fingers ... those should be good for drawing ...

Levalle- Excellent ! Go for it ...

E
mothos
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mothos »

Oh great, now I sound like some watercolour wannabe! :lol: Actually, I was thinking of bringing a few different mediums: markers, crayons (pencil &conte), pens, pencils, whatever I can reasonably haul. Fortunately I also have a nice strong back.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Good idea to bring different tools and see what inspires you or work for you that day ...
but yeah the weight issue is certainly to be taken in consideration ... I try and stay light as possible.

E
mothos
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mothos »

If any of you follow the Vancouver comic scene, there's a good article in this weeks Georgia Straight.

Does anyone want to meet Sunday? Or is everyone (all... three so far :( ) planning on flying solo? I think it'd be fun to actually meet out in the real world, even if it's for dinner after or something similar. Someone's gotta be with me!

Post by Guest »

Here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to be on the steps of The Art Gallery (appropriately enough) on the Georgia side (not the Robson side) at 10:00 AM. A couple of friends/artists are going to meet there, too. Then it's a free-for-all.

We plan to meet back up again at Subeez at 7:30pm. Subeez is on Homer and Robson, and while they occasionally have over-loud music, they have bloody brilliant garlic-mayo fries and art geeks blend right in.
Tony
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tony »

Whoops. That was me. Subeez!
mothos
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mothos »

That sounds cool. Now just in case I was misreading you:
"Can I come too?" Mothos said in a meekly hopeful little voice. :D
mothos
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mothos »

Holy crap it's going to be awesome downtown of Sunday! Why?

Santa Claus Parade!

Starts at 11:30 and goes up Burrard from Davie then turns on Georgia and finishes off at the Art Gallery.

It's also the Grey Cup, but I'm no football fan so I'll be fine. The bars will be crowded. Subeez isn't some kind of sports related eating and drinking establishment is it?

Post by Guest »

Yes, please! Join! It's not like it's invitation-only or anything.

What the hell? Santa Claus Parade in November? Who comes up with this crap? Nevertheless, that's TOTALLY AWESOME! Elves!

And the Grey Cup! Awesome! That means that all the jocks will be hunched over their TVs, leaving the city free for us art geeks!

Fortunately, I believe there are no TVs in Subeez, and it is most certainly not a sports bar. Yay!

Ha ha. Sorry about the awesome stereotyping.

Return to “November 21st 2004 preparations”