Tucson

A fundraiser drawing marathon to benefit war victims - May 19th 2007
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Ok, Helen asked me to make the decision on the location and so I shall.

Let's meet at Hotel Congress downtown, at their Cup Cafe, at 9:30AM, and have coffee for 20 minutes or so and then we can be off drawing all of downtown Tucson. There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops around there, including bathrooms and the library is also there. Great architecture, people and landscapes. Perhaps a dog or two will stroll by for those that love to sketch animals. We can decide that morning as to what time we will quit and meet up again to share sketchbooks. For those of you who might be first-timers, we will probably sketch until around 4:00--afterall, one of the rules is that you must be CRAWLING when you finish! You will be surprised at how fast the time goes by.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

GREAT!

Post by alanna »

This sounds like a VERY fun crawl. I look forward to it. I just love the Cup Cafe, too! I think we'll find PLENTY to sketch.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Ok, today I sent emails with Enrico's press release to Sun City and Saddlebrook. They both have art groups I believe. Bookman's on Ina let me put up a flyer. Info emailed to my friend at drawing studio that runs the life drawing sessions and the manager.

Alanna, do you get a copy of Tucson Weekly each week? Are you checking it for our notice?

Flyers at Sarnoff. Press release to be sent to Az Daily Star this Friday. Helen mangaged to get info to the UofA profs--good job Helen.

We have done a lot this time to try and get participants.

This forum is getting a lot of hits. Who are you guys and don't you want to talk? Pls introduce yourself and let us know that you will be participating--don't be shy! All drawing levels welcomed!
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Wish I could join you

Post by crgcas »

Donna- I'll have to try to make it down your way from Phoenix for one of the next ones! Might try a short crawl with my daughter up this way if I can talk her into it. Great sketches!
-Craig
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Please do, we would love to have you and Phoenix is not that far away!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

downtown at the presidio

Post by alanna »

Hi all,
Donna, I did not check the tucson weekly this week, but I will look.

Also, on Saturday may 19, there is the presidio dedication and festival happening 9am-5pm. Apparently there will be re-enactments, a gunslinger show, music, lectures and living history demonstrations that might make a really neat sketch crawl.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Great Alanna thanks--I checked the Tucson Weekly online and it is not there. I will be really bummed if they do not put it in there.

We can tell the crawlers about the happening at the Presidio that morning and anyone who wants to can head that way at any time. Thanks for the info.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

It would be nice if we could get some idea of how many participants we are going to have.

If you are planning on participating, pls reply here. Thanks.
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by helen gaus »

I'll be there. My foot is in a boot. I had surgery last Wednesday. I can walk just fine. I'll be a little slower than you two though. See you Saturday. Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Yikes Helen, what a trooper--good for you! See ya.
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by helen gaus »

Donna and Alanna,

Even though sketching is scarey....I had a lot of fun last time. I learned a lot about the way I see too. I'm looking forward to it!

Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Yes, it is a challenge, but you are right--lots of fun and I love looking at other people's sketchbook. Everyone has such a different approach and their own style of sketching.

It is going to be a hot one, so be prepared!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Map of Downtown Tucson

Post by donnam »

Found a great walking map of downtown tucson. here is the link. Also, fyi, meter parking is free on the weekends--no plugging required.

Anyway here is the map link--It is a great sketch, by the way

http://www.visittucson.org/docs/DowntownTour.pdf
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

I've raised money!

Post by alanna »

well, i've managed to raise $73 for this sketchcrawl! I will be there ready to sketch crawl! My neighbor may be coming with me. She seemed pretty excited when I told her about it. See y'all saturday!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

That is great Alanna, both about the money and the neighbor--the more, the better!

Return to “14th World Wide SketchCrawl”