Tucson

A fundraiser drawing marathon to benefit war victims - May 19th 2007
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Tucson

Post by donnam »

Hi everyone, let's start talking about where we will crawl.

I plan on sending the newspaper Enrico's press release and will taking info to Sarnoff's. I also have already sent the press release to Tucson Pima Arts Council, so I hope they will post it.

We need to reach the artists in Tucson and I really don't know anyother way to do so.

Suggestions?
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Where next - May 19th

Post by helen gaus »

Donna,

I suggest La Encantada, getting a model and pitching in to pay for he/she, Palamino Plaza, and Casas Adobes Plaza. Somewhere where there is shade, architecture and people to draw. We could also choose the UA barns on Limberlost and Allen where there are animals to draw and architecture. Or maybe Rose Canyon Lake with a picnic on the way up to Mt. Lemmon.

Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

All good suggestions Helen. Alanna, where are you and what do you think--Paul???? Anyone else listening in?
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Not interested in the fundraising part

Post by helen gaus »

I've been a community volunteer and fundraiser for many years. Participated in two this weekend, in fact. I don't want to be part of this fundraiser, it's a great cause though. Sketching is a way for me to relax. Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Helen, I don't see any reason why you cannot participate in this crawl, even though it is a special one. It is not mandatory that you get sponsors or even donate. Why not spend the day doing something that you love to do?
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Indeed, no sweat ... nothing is mandatory in Sketchcrawl ...
just draw away !
Sounds like your karma is way full anyway Helen.

;)

cheers

Enrico
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Intention

Post by helen gaus »

That's what I intended to do Donna. Thanks Enrico, Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Oh good.

Also downtown could be fun, places to eat, people, architecture and then there is the zoo.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Yay! another sketchcrawl!

Post by alanna »

I'm here! (busy at work, though!) I think we should put in a blurb in the Tucson Weekly. It's free, we should put it in now though and ask for it to run through May 19. I think all we have to do is email info@tucsonweekly.org and send in the info. If we haven't decided a location, just put somebodies contact info, and of course links to this forum.

Also, remember, Donna, how we talked about advertising the sketchcrawls while we are ON them? Like, if we had business card type handouts to give people when they gawk at all of us drawing... Maybe we could make up lots of them and use those for advertising in coffee shops, like Epic, Bentley's, and places around the UofA...maybe we should contact the Art College?

Let me know what I can do to help and I'll try my best!

I think a place with a museum handy might be a good place to go to sketch, too. It'll have bathrooms, air conditioning, water, interesting things to look at and museum goers might potentially be future sketchcrawlers.... I'm open to go anywhere this time, especially somewhere new to me! I picked the place last time, so y'all decide, and I'll show up! :)
ClayMom
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ClayMom »

Not sure if I'm going to be in town. I may just sketch wherever I am. I'll let you know.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Hi Alanna, yes, thanks for reminding me about all of this. I will go check out the Tucson Weekly now and if I can send the press release now, I will. Great suggestion. As for the cards, I can print something out to hand out I guess. I just got finished with 35 illustrations for my semester illustration class and I don't feel like designing anything right now, but I will in a week or so.

Sarnoff's said they would display the press release if I bring it in.

Does anyone know anyone in the UA art department?
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Ok, I just sent Tucson Weekly Enrico's press release.
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

UA

Post by helen gaus »

Everyone I once knew in the UA Art Dept. is gone. However, since I'm on campus every day, I could walk over on a lunch hour and take whatever we have printed up. Just let me know Donna. I like everyone's ideas and don't care where we go as long as we can get to facilities, water and shade. I'd be willing to pick someone up and drive too. Just joined The Drawing Studio Paul and am looking forward to Pat Dolan's birds on May 5th. Helen
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Great Helen, do you want to use one of Enrico's press releases? They are on the forum, 14th, press release.

I agree about the shade, May could get hot.
helen gaus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

UA Art Dept.

Post by helen gaus »

Hi Donna,

Yes, I'll print up thepress release and post it at the university. Maybe I can get access to the profs mailboxes or ask a secretary to put a flyer in each.

Thanks,
Helen

Return to “14th World Wide SketchCrawl”