Fundraiser for a worthy cause

A fundraiser drawing marathon to benefit war victims - May 19th 2007
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Ah also, as far as auctions go, of course their nature is local ... but wherever you are in the world, if you know of a good little caffe/gallery or store that might be interested in holding a small auction, go ahead and pursue it!
You could auction everybody's best sketches from the SketchCrawl and try and raise a little extra cash for the cause locally ...

cheers

e
4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by 4ojos »

That´s a really good idea. Count on me.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Excellent 4ojos, thanks !

FYI, I just updated the press release files with the information regarding each crawler raising $100 and the Art Auction in San Francisco.

Enrico
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Trying to spread the word ...

A nice post on Ronnie's blog

http://www.ronniedelcarmen.com/blog1/20 ... l-and.html

and here's the one from mine and the sketchcrawl blog.

http://enricocasarosa.com/wordpress.1/2 ... up-in-may/

e
julia wakefield
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by julia wakefield »

Hey Enrico, you didn't reply to my previous posting! (See your previous posting). How can us Aussies join in with the charity thing?

Julia
I have been encouraging people to draw for 15 years.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Ah, sorry Julia.
Everyone around the world can participate and raise funds for Emergency. The same way we are doing here in the US. Trying to get some donations and then sending the checks and money to Emergency.

The only minor difference is that outside the US and Italy, donators will not be able to claim a tax write off.

Donations in form of a check should be made out to EMERGENCY USA.
Then you can mail all the funds you gathered to:

Emergency Usa
10592 Perry Highway #112
Wexford PA 15090-9244

All this information is on this sponsor form, that you can print for yourself.

http://enricocasarosa.com/sketchcrawl14/sponsorform.pdf

ok
thanks Julia !

Enrico
justdarcy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

OKay now the hard part!

Post by justdarcy »

Hi All, I have started a little area in the forum for the cincinnati crawl, and I am hoping to also get an auction arranged- the problem is I have never arranged anything like that before and I'm not sure what's needed- how is your san fransisco auction going to be set up?

Is it going to be a silent auction, where it is pretty much a party where people can write bids down? or will it be something else?

How should beverages and stuff be supplied- any ideas on how to approach sponsors or something?

How are you imagining the sketches at the show will be presented? Framed? not framed? I guess not framed because its the day after the sketches will be generated... and it would be cheaper for participants to add their work into the auction if they dont have to pay for framing- but how will the art in yours be presented do you think (to make it look nice and thusly worth more)?

Just wondering how you guys are going to approach it, I want to be more prepared than I am when I approach people about it! I think I'll have to write my own press releases to go along with yours (or just modify yours, is that ok?)
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Hi JustDarcy

I am not familiar with these things either, that's why I got my friends at Maverix Studios involved. They've done already a couple of benefit auctions in the last few years and they have a good space for it.

A silent auction I think is indeed the best way to do it. You have to put a sheet under every piece, set a minimum bid if you want ... pretty much buyers write their name and their bid ...

Framing stuff ... well, we opted for asking all our artist friends to donate pieces of art, framed and ready to be hung.
So the benefit auction will not necessarily contain sketches done on the previous day ... we figured that'd be too hard to do.

And we are gonna raise funds on saturday already with our drawing marathon, so sunday it's an added bonus ...

That doesn't mean though that you shouldn't try it ... if I was to hang unframed sketches and watercolors, I'd do it with the fishing line method.
Two nails, a fishing line between them and then you use those cute little clothpins to hang pages on the fishing line ... that's a nice way to show unframed art ....

As far as sponsors ... the best way is probably to talk to people ... talk to managers at local artstores or any other business you think might be interested in donating ... use the press releases ...
a round of emails could work too ...

We also are organizing a raffle that will contain different prices ... ranging from one hour body work at a local spa to some signed Pixar books ...

Ok, hope this sparks some ideas ...

let me know if you have any other question ...

e
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Oh I almost forgot about the book ...
I still want to make a SKETCHCRAWL BOOK out of this event ...
Gingko Press might be interested in it ... editing it will be the tough part, might take a few months ... and part of the proceeds will go to our cause as well.

BUT the important thing will be your submissions of sketches and photos from all around the world ...

So I will set up an FTP were to load up submissions as soon as possible.

Thanks

Enrico
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Posted this on my blog and the sketchcrawl blog ... but I thought I'd post it here too:

Ok, let’s say you want to participate to the upcoming SketchCrawl fundraiser for Emergency on May 19th and 20th. Here’s a few ways you can be part of it and get some good karma back your way.

-1- Draw and raise funds - SketchCrawl with us on May 19th and try to get a few sponsors, some friends or family members, to help you raise donations.

-2- Sponsor a SketchCrawler - Make a donation, of any amount, to sponsor a friend of yours that is SketchCrawling on May 19th.

-3- Make a donation online - You can just go here (*) and donate to Emergency directly with Paypal. Great for the lazy good doer !

-4- Buy some art at the Benefit Auction - Come to the SketchCrawl Maverix Benefit art auction on May 20th in San Francisco and buy some art or buy a raffle ticket. (for those of you in the area)

There you have it, many ways to give a little something. As always one last thing you can do to help us is spread the word! Thanks.

Enrico

(*)
http://emergencyusa.org/nuovo_sito/page ... icipate=17
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I wanted to thank all the participants to this SketchCrawl fundraiser. Thanks to your donations and the benefit Art Auction we raised 13000 dollars for Emergency USA.

Congratulations and heartfelt thanks to you all!

e

Return to “14th World Wide SketchCrawl”