Davis, California

Saturday March 17th 2007!
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Davis, California

Post by Pica »

I'll be unable to join the Sacramento crawl this weekend.

But I'm happy to sketch my way around Davis if anyone would like to join me. I'll start out at 11:00 am at the Farmers' Market (at the tables near the ATM); grab some lunch somewhere; and end up at the Code Pink anti-war demonstration at the G Street Plaza ("Walk in their Shoes," featuring a large collection of shoes labeled with names of civilians killed in the Iraq war -- excellent sketching material). This demo will go on all afternoon ending with a candlelight vigil at 7:00 pm. I don't anticipate staying all day but may return for the vigil.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

i would do a davis crawl but i'm going to the berkeley one. have fun!
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Aw bummer!

Post by hanksan »

Sorry we'll miss you both. :( I would have driven to Davis to sketch with you, but I already committed to the SacCrawl. The meeting time is at 10 AM, but that's just when I'll be there getting coffee & breakfast. I figure we'll actually start at around 11AM.

Have fun! Can't wait to see your sketches. Especially want to see the shoes... Sounds like a very touching exhibit. My brother-in-law just deployed AGAIN for Iraq. The war is a very tough reality for us.
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Hanksan: thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing your sketches too! Be sure to post them!

Shoes are fun to sketch and difficult...

Return to “13th World Wide SketchCrawl”