Sacramento SketchCrawl

Saturday March 17th 2007!
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sacramento SketchCrawl

Post by hanksan »

I'm new to the area and would love to just mowzee around the state capital! I am also an instructor at Sac City College and can force my students to go... :P ... just so I don't get lost, of course!

Been dying to do this, but never got around to it. It sounds like so much fun!

-henry
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

There's some cool stuff to see in Sac... I'd like to do Old Sac someday, even though it's ridiculously touristy. Where else can you draw/wander around on a riverboat?

I'm in Davis and there are a couple of other sketchcrawlers here, plus some interest from students at UCD. I'm moving, though, so I won't be in the area for crawl 13... good luck and have fun! Put flyers at the art stores and definitely drag students along. They'll come to like it!
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Old Town it is!

Post by hanksan »

Sorry we'll miss you Emma! :cry: Hopefully, you'll have a sketchcrawl wherever you're moving.

I was originally thinking of Old Sac as our ending destination. I think now that it could be our only destination for crawl13. There are a ton of cool things to draw in that small area... Riverboat, trains, architecture, tourists!... :D

Alright, let's get planning... :shock:

-Henry
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Looks like we'll be around! I ran into Emma (well, actually, I was sitting down and drawing quince blossom, she ran into me) on Sunday and she mentioned there'd be a Sac Crawl.

Keep us posted, Henry, about what you'd like to do. Old Sac would be great. The Sac Zoo is also a good place to sketch, maybe next time??
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Yeay!

Post by hanksan »

Hi Pica,

Outstanding! It will great to meet you. I am so excited about this. I told two of my classes and there is much interest in the crawl. Hopefully some will chime in on the forums.

Aw yes! The Zoo would be great as well! It's also just at the other end of the park next to work (Sac City College). We could all meet in my classroom then head out to the Zoo. Haven't been there yet, but many of my students highly recommend it. Crawl 14 - definitely!!!

OK, we're spreading the word and starting a game plan for the crawl. Please let me know if you have any advice. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So very exciting, indeed! :D

take care
-Henry
Gue_Man
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Gue_Man »

Oh crap, there's actually some artist around Sacramento! Can't wait to meet you guys, I'll definitely be there. Thanks for the referral, Henry. :shock:
I like Root Beer
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Hey Gue,
I'm so glad you are going! Now I don't have to force you to go. :D I don't know why I never mentioned this last semester... :? Oh well...:roll:
It will be great to see your sketching abilities in action! ...along with the other great artists at SCC!
-h
Gue_Man
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Gue_Man »

hanksan wrote: Now I don't have to force you to go.
Cmon, man, you know I'll even fly to Japan just to hang out with artist. :D
I like Root Beer
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Old Sac?

Post by Pica »

Henry: great!

Depending on how many people you're expecting will show up -- four? Ten? Two hundred, like the Enrico-fests? -- meeting at an easy landmark, with protection from the weather, is usually a good idea. I don't know Old Sac very well, but you could just pick a cafe or something and have us all meet there. The Delta King is pretty cool but I don't know if there's a good milling-about place we could congregate at if it were raining.

Looking forward to this!
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hanksan »

Great advice Pica!

I think I'll mozy down there this weekend and scope out the area. I am not very familiar with Old Sac, so I'll need to investigate and rely on my students' input.

Over ten artists have already voiced interest... not including us... Some have asked if they can invite their friends! We will have a good turnout! Maybe not two hundred...yet! :D
rubbersushi7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rubbersushi7 »

Seeing how Sketch Crawl is this weekend, do we have a meeting place and time set?

-Amanda M.B.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

I'd be interested in a Sacramento crawl. I like to sketch around midtown, from the Capitol onwards, very interesting. Any ideas where & when as yet?
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

It's ON!

Post by hanksan »

Hi everyone! Nothing like last minute planning...

I have a rough plan for the day. I also have a more specific schedule, but I don't want to be the SacCrawl Dictator :twisted: Please, let me know what you think. Sorry for allowing only a day for review.

Here is a tentative rough plan...
First Contact @ the Waterfront Boardwalk in front of the Delta King
10:00 - Start at Waterfront
12:00 - Lunch in Old Sac or along K St.
3:00 - State Capital
**Gallagher's Irish Pub for a pint? Ah, it's St. Patty's Day after all!
5:00 - Back to Old Sac for St. Patty's Day Parade
**SketchCrawl melts into the parade festivities or call it a day

Since this is my first crawl, I don't know if a detailed plan would even work. Also, I don't know what is sketchworthy along the way so we should definitely play it by ear. Does this seem like too long of a trek? Just wanted to have a rough plan as a basis for the SacCrawl.

I'm so excited about this!!! It will be so much fun. Also, my guess is that we'll have around 10 Sketch Crawlers. Remember your "green" on St. Patty's Day!!! I'll be wearing my Guinness shirt. Can't wait to see all of you there.
hanksan
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Top 'o the Morrrrnin' .... um... Evenin' to ya!

Post by hanksan »

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!

The OldSacSketchCrawl was great! It was a small group (5 people), but I figure that some left because I was late (10:30 for me) Anyway, It was a blast. We ended up just staying in Old Sacramento, but I did end up at Gallagher's for a pint or two or three. I sketched the bartenders and some of the taps for good measure! =)

I'm hooked!!! Can't wwait for SC 14!

Will have sketches up soon. Gotta hit some homework for AnimationMentor - due tomorrow! Yikes!!!
rubbersushi7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rubbersushi7 »

GASP! You were late!? I got there at 10:15 and thought I was late! I drove around all over trying to find the group. xD I ended up doing a little sketching on K then heading home. I'll scan them later.

Hopefully next time I can join up with you guys!

-Amanda

Return to “13th World Wide SketchCrawl”