Sydney anyone?

Saturday March 17th 2007!
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Sydney anyone?

Post by alissa »

Has anyone organised one in Sydney in the past? I have only recently discovered this site and am keen to be involved this year
jbjose
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jbjose »

Does anyone else want to do a sketch crawl in Sydney?

It sounds like alissa has received some interest about doing one...
janine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janine »

Hi Alissa, I thought I was posting my last message here, so I think I've probably sent you a private message. Anyway, I'm happy to join you and I'll see if I can get some others to come along. I live very close to the CBD in Darlinghurst and don't mind travelling. Cheers Janine
jbjose
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jbjose »

I'm in for sure... preferrably the weekend.

Instead of sketchcrawling, I've had to settle for life drawing at the Arthouse Hotel. Check it out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbjose/373 ... t-1402678/
janine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janine »

Hi Alissa, let's find out where everyone lives and choose a starting place close to all. From my one experience doing sketchcrawl it's good to draw together. I think I'd feel too self-conscience drawing by myself. But if anyone has an place we can start from then let's us know.
Looking forward to it
Cheers
Janine
janine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janine »

Hello
Sorry I didn't go to the arthouse last night, was it good?
I used to go there a few years ago but they always had the same 3 models and it was hard to get a good seat unless you got there super early.
Did you meet and come up with somewhere you'd like to go sketchcrawling?
Cheers
Janine
robynls
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by robynls »

Thanks for the heads up on this , Alissa. I think I can make it. Needs to be a weekend, though.

How about The Rocks or The Australian Museum in case of rain?
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

meeting place for sketchcrawl

Post by alissa »

It is only two weeks until sketchcrawl. I would like to suggest an initial meeting place in the city at Circular Quay - at City Extra -for a 10 or 10.30 start ? Does this suit anyone. we could then decide (weather permitting) to use the area at Circular Quay/ Opera House and then past MCA and the Rocks, either staying in a group or meeting up for lunch at a pub/cafe ?
any comments/suggestions?
Last edited by alissa on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
robynls
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by robynls »

Sounds good to me. Not familiar with the cafe. Can you tell me where it is, please?
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

City Extra - meeting place

Post by alissa »

City Extra Cafe is at Circular Quay opposite Wharf 4. It is open 24 hours and has inside and outside seating. It will be a starting point and lets see where we go from there. Lots of inspiration to be found.
janine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janine »

Hi, is sketchcrawl this saturday, the 17th? I've been thinking it's the 24th!
Janine
robynls
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by robynls »

janine wrote:Hi, is sketchcrawl this saturday, the 17th? I've been thinking it's the 24th!
Janine
It certainly is. The election is on the 24th. See you all at the Cafe Nero? opposite Pier 4 at the Quay between 10 and 10:30. I will have my orange WWSketchcrawl tshirt on and moleskine in hand. How about you?
janine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janine »

Hi Robyn, yes, I was thinking about voting and drawing on the same day... I've managed to talk a friend into coming as well (but I told him it's next saturday, so he might not be able to make it) though we both think 10.30 on a saturday is a bit early. Maybe I can meet up with you closer to midday? If we swap phone numbers I could call and find out where the group is about 12?
My number is (GOOD IDEA ROBYN, ALISSA, YOU MIGHT WANT TO DELETE YOUR NUMBER TOO)
Cheers
Janine
Last edited by janine on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

I'll be there at 10.30

Post by alissa »

HI

I will be at City Extra Cafe opposite Wharf 4 at Circular Quay at 10.30 - I wasn't organised enough to buy the Sketchcrawl Tshirt - but I will have a large sketch pad on my cafe table and probably sitting outside - especially if this beautiful weather is still about. I will stay there for a while until other appear and then we can decide where to go next, and others can join us thorugh the day.

see you tomorrow

Alissa
Last edited by alissa on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
robynls
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by robynls »

janine wrote:Hi Robyn, yes, I was thinking about voting and drawing on the same day... I've managed to talk a friend into coming as well (but I told him it's next saturday, so he might not be able to make it) though we both think 10.30 on a saturday is a bit early. Maybe I can meet up with you closer to midday? If we swap phone numbers I could call and find out where the group is about 12?
My number is XXXXXXXXXX
Cheers
Janine
You might like to erase your mobile number from that entry, Janine before you have every nutter on the Internet calling you. I will PM my mobile number to you.

Return to “13th World Wide SketchCrawl”