Post your "HomeCrawl" Sketches here!

Special HouseCrawl! Draw in your home! January 28th 2007.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Wonderful work everybody !!
Thanks for sharing your sketches ... keep it coming ... :)

John, I am afraid you guessed right ... it's an italian editon that a newspaper put out ... I only got it thanks to my parents ...
It has some nice articles, essays and 2 stories: "Ballad of the salty sea" and "Venician Fable" ... or something like that.
If you find a translated version of the first one it'd be a good one to get, it's the first Corto Maltese story Pratt ever did ... from the early 70s ... it was groundbreaking at the time ...

I have to get the book of watercolors myself ... I've seen it around but didn't buy it ... what's the title if the one you have ?

e
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

Here's mine. My apartment, as you can see, is pretty much still furnished in 'dorm room decor', and so I was kind of embarrassed to draw any of the other rooms. I see all your houses and they look very personalized and comfortable! Great to see everyones' houses and their take on them.

That's a Han Solo action figure swinging from the lamp... comics and genetics homework on the table.

The cat's name is Stinky :twisted:
Ann-D
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Haarlem, the Netherlands

Post by Ann-D »

Page on the right shows some of my favorite items in my room.

My desk and computer in my room

My postcard wall

My bed (w/ boyfriend) and favorite cafe

(PS: Don't mind the dating, it's not all correct)
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Great sketches everyone! Great to see glimpses of where people are living around the world :)

Here's bits from my house in Brisbane, Australia:

PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

Wow Quite a lot of sketchers posted this time!!

samacleod
Nice Digital Paint as always!
I like kitchen sketch!!

Alisa
hahaha sweet room sketch!!
I love Cristmas Illumination on your deskside!!
Oh do you have 2 kittys!!! sweeet!

ZUPZUP
Wow That's ARTS!
Great sketch!!! I like your color palet!!

Kathrin Jebsen-Marwedel
Nice Diary!!
Did you sketch across two days?
hahahahha
anyway I like your line art!!

Ice-Cream Monster
Beautiful Sketches as always!
I love sunset sketche!! it's really beautiful!
and Mac sketch is funny!! sweet it!

hoffman
Nice Doggie sketches!!
these are super model for you!!
hahaha

weno
Simpley beautiful sketches!!
1st one is the great!!

emma
Nice take!
I found the sniper on the light shade!!!

Ann-D
Welcome!!
Images of Flickr can't be linked directly.
You will use not [img] but [url].
I saw your sketch on Flickr.
Your diary is very happy!!
I want to see more and more!!

andy
woooow great sketche as always!!
especially your Gray Scale is awesome!!
super beautiful sketches!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Pierpaola
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Hello Everybody!

Post by Pierpaola »

Ciao a tutti. Da oggi faccio parte anch'io del gruppo: disegno, disegno, disegno ...
Domenica ho cominciato con questo.

Hello. I'm Pierpaola from Bologna, Italy. I'm a new meber of this group, these are some of my Sunday's work. Bye

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Pierpaola--Welcome to the group and your sketches are wonderful--love the line work!
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

Its great to see the turnout for this SketchCrawl! Here's my contribution...

The squishy green thing is not in fact guacamole, but my sleeping bag.

samacleod
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by samacleod »

Finally getting around to making comments. It really is imspiring to see everyone's work from all over the world. How cool is that? There's something wonderful about observed sketching, drawing the everyday items around us in our day to day lives. Everyone worked so hard, you all deserved some comments!

evy - awesome rendering. So impressive.

donnam - Nice house! I agree w/ Enrico, So colorful!

TeresaNord - Funny how the kitchen hasn't changed all that much since last summer! Cool stuff!

Maxine - We need more Nutella in our homes in California. Funny how color adds so much. i wish I'd done more color. Great sketches.

Rowland - I like the yellow and brown together.

Mirko - That's a great angle!

4ojos - Madrid! Great line work. Those colors just pop!

peter pen - nice little studies. It's great to see observations of things we hardly notice and look at them more carefully. Very nice.

caribe - wow! Impressive drawings. I struggle drawing chairs, you pulled it off so nicely. Those leaves are pretty too.

palomo - the stove palette has such a nice mood to it.

leeroy - sickening really. I don't know how you do it. Really awesome. That desk top boggles my mind.

zupzup - I'm jealous you had animals. Love the medium you chose. I'd like to try pastels next time.

jennifer - I like ceiling fans too!

marinaomi - I like the street corner, there's a story there!

martha - I'm so impressed! Vibrant colors, I showed my wife and she loves them too! Beautiful compositions.

buzzlyhan - you have a very confident line too! Lovely work!

herr_lommelun - Nice tv! Your place looks very clean! Great work!

paintmonster - yours are some of my favorites, the front of that hotel (?) and the condiments, really cool.

nanimel - wow, nice drawings. I can't decide if I like the colored or black and white. Nice variety though, they look good together.

claymom - I like how you label things. I want to write more for the next time. Great job.

maxist - I like the composition of the one looking out the window to the street. Love the colors.

letter c - Those sheep are so awesome. I love all the little objects, Well done!!!

aaron - Whoa, oil sketch??? Sweet! Feels very cold! Like the other Montana ones from last time, huh? Gotta go there sometime. I like the cold sometimes (but not all the time;)

cchua007 - 007 eh? I've always loved your work Chris. We gotta trade sometime. I want an original!

enrico - yeah I love the monkeys too!

simo - I like your color choices too! That blue is so nicely placed aroudn the drawing. Wonderful!

alisa - thanks for putting my photoshop stuff to shame ;) Awesome work!

wade - dude, how'd you do that? Looks so cool! I don't know how so many could draw your food without eating it! Great color observations.

kathrin jebsen-marwedel - unique lined paper. A planner? Great idea! Nice job. We have the same ketchup bottles in california!

ice-cream monster - love the characters invading around your computer. So funny.

hoffman - it's definitely cute! Great sketches, animals are tough!!! You did an amazing job. Very expressive.

weno - opa! Gostei os desenhos. Tem muito espaco no primeiro, e gosto as flores. Na proxima sketchcrawl quero que voce desenha pasteis e os bolachas 'passa tempos', tenho saudades daqueles. (sei que o portuguese precisa pratica ;)

emma - that cat is so cute! Love that you have an action figure hanging on the light.

ann-d - so much originality! Love how theres a face od some dude on that screen! hahaha.Like the red palette too.

andy - Nice weight to the dog drawing. She really feels tired! Great drawing.You were busy too! Nice dresser! Were you stnading the whole time for that one??? Impressive.

pierpaola - I like your kitchen. Awesome. So much variety to those jars on the shelf too!

Oliver - Way way better than my piano. Sheesh! Gotta love the mac's ;)
palomo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Bedroom

Post by palomo »

My view every night when I lie on bed. The feet show as a bulge under the covers and the TV is inside the armoir. at the righ. O f course I only turn it on to get sleepy. Happy dreams!!!

And this is the bathroom next to my den and home office/studio. Funny I drew this.
palomo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by palomo »

Ann-D and Andy:(coincidence?)

Great sketches... Love those styles...
Charecua
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Charecua »

Congratulations to everyone!!! I'll be pleased to post my sketches as long as I can find a scanner! Mine's broken! :(
donmcn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Don's drawings from Coquitlam BC Canada

Post by donmcn »

Don's drawings from Coquitlam BC Canada

palomo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by palomo »

The car is funny, neat. I like teh line drawings of sofa and chair. Simple but precise.
Ann-D
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Ann-D »

Thank you for explaining how I can post my flickr images up here (and thank you for doing it, too!)

My name is actually Anna Denise, but my friends call me Ann-D (Andy) ;) I think it's kinda funny, although people don't always get I'm a girl when they see the nickname written down

Oh and I will be joining in the 13th ww sketchcrawl from somewhere over the ocean, the Atlantic actually, in a Boing 767 - don't know how long I'll last... You can only draw so many sleeping people.

Return to “12th and a half World Wide SketchCrawl”