Brisbane, Australia - Results

Saturday December 9th 2006
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Brisbane, Australia - Results

Post by andy »

Late notice, I'm afraid - I've been out of the country!

But I'm up for a sketchcrawl in Brisbane this weekend if there's anyone around who'd like to join me, hopefully the summer heat will not be too harsh :)

Andy
Last edited by andy on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

poor Andy, that you got some sun on your head ;-)

good luck!
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Heheh, it turned out I had a few things to do on Saturday, so luckily I wasn't under the sun the whole day.
Unfortunately it also meant I didn't quite have enough time to sketch as much as I would have liked, but still, I managed to jot down a few of the day's happenings:

The barbeque ran out of gas the other day in the middle of cooking dinner, so I had to go and get a refill - off to the hardware shop.

The barbeque section of Bunnings Warehouse has some really cool barbequey stuff - such as this big teppanyaki bbq set - if my back yard had room for it I might be tempted :)

I was going indoor rockclimbing in the afternoon, so before going I found a bit of time to sketch around the house:

Urban Climb at West End - it's been a while since I've been climbing, my body was definitely feeling the effects, my arms still feel a bit deadish as I type :) Still, it was a lot of fun.

-Andy
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

nice rock climbing sketches, but that must be a little difficult sketching and climbing at the same time :lol:
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

great gesture drawings in the rock climbing pages!! Everythign is so AWESOME !!
Letter C
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Letter C »

The rock climbing drawings capture the activity with such expression! I enjoy seeing the different perspectives. Thank You!
C.
I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing.
Vincent VanGogh

You are invited to visit: http://www.carolchapel.com
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Beautiful sketches Andy, great linework ...

e
janine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by janine »

Hi Andy
They're great sketches!
I missed this last sketchcrawl due to laziness but managed to get a couple of friends and someone who contacted me through this website, Pip, to come along for #11, we were slow starting and ended up in a pub after about 4 hours but it was good to get out and do it. I'd put those drawings up but don't know how, though i've added them to the flickr sketchcrawl page.
Cheers
Janine
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Donnam - Thanks! Fortunately between climbing and belaying i was able to sit (and rest!) and take down a few sketches of my fellow climbers :)

Alina - Thanks so much! there were some great poses at rock climbing, just had to try and sketch them quickly :)

Letter C - Cheers! It definitely helps having done the action that you're sketching - you know just how the poses feel from when you're up there.

Enrico - Thanks! I've been trying to be a bit more deliberate with my lines, less random scribbling - each sketchcrawl I learn a bit more :)

Janine - Thanks very much! Sorry to hear you missed out on this one, hopefully you'll be able to make the next. Still, #11 sounds like you had a nice outing - what's the harm in mixing sketchcrawling with pubcrawling? ;)
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Andy, stunning work again!

I like the climbers most - though this time it was really hard to pick a favorite "... may I choose the whole set?"
mish mash
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mish mash »

I like how sensitive your line work is. I especially like the page with the gas bottle and the car park in them... although I'm a sucker for gesture drawings as well so I think the rock climbers are simply ace. Actually what Peter Pan said goes for me too. :P Bravo! :)

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”