Spokane, Washington

Saturday December 9th 2006
TeresaNord
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Spokane, Washington

Post by TeresaNord »

I haven't seen anybody from Spokane on this site yet? Anyone? (I might have to recruit from my art classes at the community college for some company on my first sketchcrawl)
TeresaNord
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by TeresaNord »

Well I was all by my lonesome self on this first sketchcrawl, but that's okay. I had a really good time anyways. It kinda felt like an off day though, the sketching came pretty hard.

I started out by taking my sketchbook with me when we went to cut down our Christmas tree...
Then I went to a retirement center with my dad where I performed as a guest fiddler in his bluegrass band. On the songs that I didn't play I tried to draw the band and some members of the audience....
Sadly after that I had to go to work for 8 1/2 hrs. at the movie theater, so my sketchcrawl ended way too early for my liking. I would like to say that since this sketchcrawl I carry my sketchbook with me all the time now! Oh, and since Monday's are pretty slow at the theater I got some drawings of my hands done, but then I had to go finish painting the window display for Charlotte's Web.
Alright, well that's about it from little ol Spokane, WA.
splinesmith
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by splinesmith »

TeresaNord: Nice job with the sketches! Lots of expression from the concertgoers (and music makers). I admire your diligence getting some drawing time in amongst the holiday activities. Keeping a sketchpad with you is a good thing, so you can just do some drawing whenever the mood strikes. That's something I need to be better about.

Hopefully this will inspire others to get out there and join you next time! C'mon, Spokanians! :D
John Atkinson
Atkinson Productions

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”