Detroit

Saturday December 9th 2006
mdog
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Detroit

Post by mdog »

Is anyone up to sketching in the Detroit area on the 9th? The DIA seems like a great place to start.
Mdog
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Mdog, until the next sketchcrawl, you might like to come out to the monthly Dr. Sketchy session. Usually these are held at the Belmont Bar in Hamtramck.

Dr Sketchy is a terrific compliment to the Sketchcrawl. It's a 3-4 hour figure drawing session, but instead of a traditional artist's model we have someone a bit more "offbeat". Last time, a belly dancer was our model. We've also had a fire eater and a burlesque dancer. All skill levels are welcome. Ages 21+ (since it's in a bar) and a $5 model fee. No pressure, just good times.

I hope to see you there!
chainsawguy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chainsawguy »

Hey Tom, I didn't know you had something so cool going down in Hamtramck. Looks pretty sweet. I run my own sketch group with a few CCS students up in Royal Oak. We don't have any fire-breather models... rather, we depend on the coffee drinkers around us. We are going to post a few of our sketches up here soon!
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Hi Joe! Your group looks like a blast. I've bookmarked the site, and I hope to make it next time.
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Hi mdog. Here's a Dr Sketchy update:

The next session's time and place will be Thursday, February 1st from 7 to 10pm at the Belmont bar on Jos. Campau in Hamtramck. Our model will be Detroit's "delicious diva of sex-rock," Karen "Queen Bee" Neal. All sketchers of drinking age are welcome. There is a $5 model fee.

For more info, check the Dr Sketchy Blog. (link might be considered NSFW. Use discretion)

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”