Los Angeles

Saturday December 9th 2006
GINKO
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Photos

Post by GINKO »

Great building....
Constant parade of characters from all over the country.

Always on the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Totally COOL!!

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

That's a wonderful great idea. We can start the day at Olvera Street, and then walk around the area to Union Station or China town ... depend on how's everyone feel!! :)

Tentative idea, how about meet up around 10:30 in the morning outside:
La Luz Del Dia Mexican Food
1 Olvera Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2993

This restaurant is located at the center of the plaza area, and the entrance to the Olvera Street Market.

As always we will wait for at least 30 minutes before walk around, in case you live far away or get stuck in traffic ... the area is beautiful and usually people sing and dance right there on the stage in front of the restaurant ... so the wait itself will be fun and full of sketching inspirations.

Here are links for your references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olvera_Street
http://www.olvera-street.com/

Err ... HE! HE!! All these are just my humble suggestions, please don't feel like this is IT. Feel free to charm in any of your ideas location, walking tour or meeting time etc. :) Me just get a bit too excite and kind of get too far ahead ... a bit too early ... please please feel free to suggest anything!!
jojo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jojo »

Are these plans still up in the air? I've never been to Olvera St before, so I'm interested going there.

I also think traveling by metro is a smart idea, we could go anywhere!

(In any case, in my neck of the woods there's the LA Equestrian Center (free) and the LA Zoo ($6-10 i can't rememeber exactly), Griffith Park (free, im sure but I havn't had time to really explore the park yet), and Travel Town (free and an amazing place to be if you are a train freak) in Glendale/Burbank. If Olvera St doesn't happen, here is another possibility for the 9th or some other time in the future.)
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Meeting Time and Date

From the respond so far, seem like people are cool with Olvera Street. Let's make this meeting time and place a final, so we can all mark the calender. :)

Dec 9
10:30 in the morning outside
La Luz Del Dia Mexican Food
1 Olvera Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2993

This restaurant is located at the center of the plaza area, and the entrance to the Olvera Street Market.

As always we will wait for at least 30 minutes before walk around, in case you live far away or get stuck in traffic. To recognize the group, best is to look for a bunch of folks carring sketchbooks. Most like some people will be standing around and draw. Parking in the area usually is no too hard to find, and most of the lot charge 5 - 7 dollars for a whole day.

Here are links for your references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olvera_Street
http://www.olvera-street.com/

WOO HOO!! Can't wait for the fun!
GINKO
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Yeah!!

Post by GINKO »

THANKS for the post.

I'll be there!!!!

See you all. :D
Always on the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Next LA Sketchcrawl on Jan7, 2007

Paintmonster Marty (http://paintmonster.blogspot.com/) is visiting LA from Japan in January. He suggest to have a mini SKetchCrawl on Jan 7 in LA and meet up with the LA Crawler.

Any good location suggestion?

JoJo suggest about Griffith Park, may be we can do it there in Jan?
Please charm in your ideas!! :)
jojo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jojo »

I'm up for mini sketchcrawl! If enough people are interested i'll look into getting more info on Griffith Park (like where to park and how much certain things cost etc..). Let me know! maybe we can talk about it on saturday.
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

YAY!!

Coolio JoJo! THanks for checking Griffith Park schedule ... Hey!! Do you think we can go up to the Observatory from there too? :P We are definitly doing the Jan 7 Crawl for sure. Afterall we don't have SketchCrawler visiting LA from Japan often. HE ! HE!!
Furea
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Newbie!

Post by Furea »

Hey, err. I'm kinda new to this sketchcrawl thing. In fact, this is my first time joining up with such a huge sketch group. Haha. But yea I will be there tomorrow!~ Hope to meet some of you guys tomorrow!
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Sketchcrawl drawings!

We have a great sketchcrawl yesterday at Olvera street, El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument. Many people show up. We didn't do a accurate head count, but estimate there were about 30 people showing up at different hours.

Never have much luck posting drawing directly here. Hopefully this work. :lol:

If it doesn't work, I have bigger posting of these drawings, including background story of the location at:

http://alinanimation.blogspot.com/

Have a great week!

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”