San Francisco 11th crawl

Saturday September 23rd 2006
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I know ... :( ... uhm ... parking is not gonna be fun around there ...
dang ... anyone has any ideas for a plan B ?

I was looking at some of the ideas I had mentioned for the last crawl ... but they are all more or less around downtown as well ...

e
amelia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by amelia »

The lovefest site says the parade's on "2nd St. between Market and Howard" which is a little south of the embarcadero--would it still pose a problem to parking if you came from the golden gate?
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

I'll be there either way :P
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

well parking further away from the Embarcadero could possibly be a better idea ... (even in the Marina maybe ... then take the tram?)
It's really hard to gauge the popularity of this event, but I am told that it does make downtown a bit of a mess ...
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

reverse the trip?

Post by frosti »

If Downtown will be a morning mess, why not flip the meeting place over to Sausalito? We could sketch around that area, then take the ferry over and enjoy the chaos downtown, and finally return to Sausalito for sharing sketches.

It does sound like a busy weekend at both ends though. Perhaps a more remote location? There's an amazing lighthouse out at Point Reyes, for example. Or on a nature lover's kick - we could hit Muir Woods for some redwood appreciation.

So long as we get out and sketching, its all good ( even if parking is tricky ;) )
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

Whatever ends up happening, I'll do my best to make it... I'd like to throw in my vote for meeting up somewhere accessible by BART or muni - getting out to Point Reyes would take some doing.

We could meet in Sausalito, instead of doing the ferry?
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

well Bart, might indeed be the way to do this ... maybe we should stick with Plan A ... just try and park a little further away from Market and 2nd I'd say ... as you can see on this map from last year's event ,
http://www2.sflovefest.org/event_details_2005.php
that's roughly where the parade starts ... but it does head away from our area and goes instead to Civic Center, so hopefully it won't be too bad ...

So public transportation or park away from Market and downtown ...
ok ?

I actually like to take public transportation on SC ... if you can, Bart or Muni it !
you can draw on it !
:)

e
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

The ferry sounds good to me! I'll be BARTing over to SF anyway. It'll be hard to gauge how much parking will be available.
libraesque
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by libraesque »

Let me see if I've got this right.

We're back to sketchcrawling Sausalito, meeting at 11:00 at Peets Coffee in the Ferry Building to take the noontime ferry, Saturday September 23rd.

If you live in San Francisco you already know that the best way to get downtown is via public transportation. Though not always reliable, it is always interesting. And the big plus for us: NO NEED TO PARK!

This will be my first sketchcrawl - and I'm delighted it will be in Sausalito.

Marilyn W.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

yep, the plan stays !

This one:

The ferry to Sausalito leaves from infront of the Ferry Building at the Embarcadero. We want to get the 12:00 ferry.
SO WE ARE MEETING AT 11:00am at PEET'S COFFEE in the Ferry Building.
Here's the location for that.
http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com ... map.php#43

and if you can and want buy your tickets in advance ...

e
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

bulk tickets save $

Post by frosti »

If we each buy our tickets seperately, it's $6.75 each way. If we all meet up and order a booklet ($72 for 20 tickets) it's $3.60 each way. I can't imagine there will be less than 10 of us, judging from previous outings.

http://goldengateferry.org/fareprograms/cashfares.php
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

oh nice ...
uhm ... that sounds good, my only worry is are they gonna run out of tickets for that ferry?
Gerald, you had mentioned you called them right ? And they said sometimes they do run out ?

e
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

frosti - that's a great idea :D Thanks for offering that. We should get a head count of who's interested in chipping in for a booklet of tickets.

enrico - I calledl the Ferry office and they recommended to buy tickets in advanced. It will not sell out as fast as the Alcatraz trip, but they can't promise tickets to be available on a busy Saturday afternoon.
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

Does the ferry have a specific time to get back to SF?

I'm interested in chipping for the book of tickets. :D
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”