San Francisco !!

Saturday September 23rd 2006
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

San Francisco !!

Post by enrico »

Wow, just made it home ... a fun day out !!! We had a great turn out, a record I am sure: I counted 83 crawlers and I am sure I must've missed a couple ... so ... huge group !!! Fantastic !

The day in Sausalito was really nice and it was really neat to talk to many of you ... can't say I did a whole lot of drawing ... but not too bad.
Will upload some photos and sketches asap !!

Post away San Franciscans !
thanks to all of you !

enrico

PS
you might have noticed I didn't do any mobile blogging ... want to know the truth ? I forgot ... :roll: sorreee ... just too many people ... too many things to remember ... I even forgot to bring sketchcrawl stickers ... dang ... ah well ... next one, I will have 'em !!!
Last edited by enrico on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splinesmith
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by splinesmith »

Just hooked up my new scanner (aka New TOY), so I tested it out by scanning my drawings from yesterday.

What a great day, and what a mob we had! It looked pretty impressive; I'll bet the Sausalitoans must have thought they were being invaded. :shock:

Here are some of my drawings from the day. First time I had ever tried Moleskine--it felt nice on the design markers I was using. Starting off are some warm-up exercises that I did on BART and at the ferry terminal, then moving into Sausalito. Ending on the dogs playing at the park--those guys cracked me up! :D

John Atkinson
Atkinson Productions
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

beautiful landscapes, John, .. wow, what a underwater dragon, glad you made it back home again! Nice lively capturing of that dog!! Thanks for sharing!
the lunacy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by the lunacy »

Awesome drawings. I love the ones of the dog at the park.

Here's some stuff I did. I was the kid with the A&W shirt.

I swear, Enrico isn't smoking in this one. It's a brush cap or something he had in his mouth.

Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

... just great studies, Jeff Liu!
erik76
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

A Great day Crawling

Post by erik76 »

Hey everyone great sketches! Here are my results from the day! Probally the coolest part of the day was when I turned the corner from Cafe Trieste and ran into my old motorcycle a Honda CB 550 Four... Thanks for looking,
Best erik
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

great CB 550, erik, has been a while since I saw one - even drawn that cool!

... is it ballpoint and sweat you put one your pages? Or did the beautiful boat water them at the right spots?
erik76
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by erik76 »

Oh yeah there is always sweating with these crawls... :D lol but seriously I use my waterbrush and push the gel ink pen around for a little something more.... I have found this method from a personal crawl I did.. thanks Peter
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

holy sketchcrawl!!

Post by frosti »

I'm still reeling from the sheer size of yesterday's local crawl. It was great to see such a turn out! I only wish I'd gotten to meet some more of the participants. Here are selected results from my day out.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by frosti on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by frosti »

splinesmith I love the life you manage to impart into all of these scenes! I especially love the water creature :)

the lunacy I like your style - for some reason it reminds me of Ashley Wood, wicked loose!

erik76 - Nice work! How often does one run into their old ride? I nearly sketched that exact same set of overgrown posts in the park.
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

I had a lot of fun yesterday. It was indeed a huge turnout... I wasn't able to stick around and swap sketchbooks, so I'm getting my fix on this thread. Here are some of mine - the rest are on my blog, I didn't want to dump too much on this thread!

splinesmith, I really like those marker and pen sketches you've got - especially the serene bay and the bay with the monster in it. I must have been looking off the wrong side of the ferry... :cry:

lunacy (sorry I'm terrible at names, I know I met you), your sketches have got a ton of energy. Gorgeous people, too.

erik I see you got that heron(?) on the other shore at the park... awesome.

Paul those watercolors are great, especially the one with the birds on the stumps. I like the kid in the baseball cap, too.

Okay, here are mine. This was on the BART coming from El Cerrito...

A seagull watching me eat my lunch, and some weird seaweed in the water:

Sitting on steps going up the hill, people were walking by at a weird angle.

A bunch of sketchcrawlers...

The bull terrier...

And finally the BART ride back to our car.

Fun time, when's the next one? :D
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

photos .... photos ...
what a day !

e
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Great sketches everybody !!! Love those theLunacy, Erik nice !! Your old bike looks great ... Emma, lovely as usual ... the dog is great. Frosti- niiice ! I like the seagulls one a lot ... Splinesmith- very lively sketches ... great playful dogs !

e
guggenmaneuver
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

enrico!

Post by guggenmaneuver »

thanks for sharing!
Atlanta's first (not sure if this is entirely accurate, hehe) sketchcrawl was fantastic fun! we had a total of 9 sketchers, and some of us ended up sketching for 8 hours straight! Not bad for a very last minute gathering!

thanks for the inspiration and this wonderful site!
seeing these pictures especially, i think, "i left my art in san francisco..."

GUGGz
CATL Sketch Group Homepage!:
http://www.catlsketchgroup.org
Debbie Huey
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Debbie Huey »

Hey everyone! It was really neat to see so many sketchers in one place! It's also really cool to see what everyone drew in this forum. I don't usually draw from life, but the Sketchcrawl taught me that I need to practice more of it! Well, here are some of the sketches that I came out with...

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”