Ottawa sketchcrawl

Saturday September 23rd 2006
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Ottawa sketchcrawl

Post by Alisa »

So I know a number of people will be at the Ottawa animation festival in Canada the weekend of this sketchcrawl.

I don't know how much I can actually organize anything at this time, as I don't have a screening schedule at the moment. My cell phone also won't work in Canada, so it may be hard to pick a meeting place. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

If nothing else, do what I usually do anyway and bring your sketchbook and draw between screenings! The canal and parliament buildings are always a nice place to draw as well.
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

5 day sketchcrawl!

Post by Alisa »

Surprisingly, a large contingency of NYC sketchcrawlers were in Ottawa this past week. Saturday was unfortunately packed for most of us, but luckily we managed to get some sketching in on Thursday and Friday. I didn't bring my favorite pen because they always explode when I reach my destination. So I only had a chunky brush pen and a tiny sketchbook with me most of the time, but I did what I could.

I only had one decent sketch from the official Sketchcrawl day, so here it is. There was a retrospective of the amazing Italian animator Bruno Bozetto and his film Allegro Non Troppo was screened opening night of the festival.

On Friday, I was joined by Cynthea, Nelson, Allan and Mike as we drew along the river. Gina was also in Ottawa, but we didn't get a chance to draw together.

Here's Cynthea with a beautiful watercolor of the Parliament buildings on Friday.

Allan takes a break.

Nelson, Cynthea and Mike sketching.
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Nice sketches and photos Alisa. I like how you
showed how tiny you were sketching. The composition
on the page is great.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

exploding pens, alisa, WOW, I should think about next time I lfy over!
thanks for sharing!
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

Alisa
Nice party!!
I like 3rd one!!! beautiful color pencil......ummmm
did you use color pencil??? I thought you use other materials!!!
It's nice!

Cynthea
Yes Beautiful watercolor!!!
I want to see more detail!!

Allan, Nelson, Cynthea and Mike
please show me your sketches!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Peter Pen: Well, not literally exploding, but the pilot rolling pens i use tend to leak a lot once I get off the plane.

Gerald: Thanks!

Paintmonster: You caught me, I forgot to mention the colored pencils! I have a tiny kit that fits into the pocket of my moleskine.

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”