San Francisco results

Saturday July 1st 2006!
JanB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JanB »

Love the one of the elderly gentleman walking about. That simple drawing speaks volumes!!!
Joy in the journey.
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

frosti
Oh great!
seem to have spent very happy time!

Oliver
Nice quick sketches!
I like lite color!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

Ok. I finally scanned in a few of my sketches. I had a really good time as always.

Emma- No worries. I didn't see it as abandonment I saw it as a zealousness for sketching :D I'll see you at the next crawl!!

PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

John
wow cute sketches!!

lee
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco results

Post by lee »

This is my favorite part of the Sketchcrawl movement -- the results! Once again I am awestruck by the drawings you committed to paper and ultimately this site. Thanks to all the sketchers and the great vibe you all share with the world!

lee
paulsketch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by paulsketch »

Hello fellow sketchers! I had a solo S.F. crawl that day b/c I but never saw anyone at the meeting place. I was bummed but it was still a beautiful and productive day! here are my results;
a photographer
on the grass at the gardens of the Metreon (sooo nice there!!)
A church contour across the street from the Metreon
aaaaaaaaand two people sitting in union square

Hopefully next crawl I'll show up at the right place, haha!

- Paul
JanB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JanB »

Paul....really like the one with the umbrella!!
Joy in the journey.
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

Emma
Yeah- I think my favorite is the coat rack. All hail the coat rack! I admire how you capture human gestures too!

Oliver
You've always got great quick sketches. You seem to cover a lot of ground! The light colors really lend themselves to the loose feel of your sketches.

Vern
I think you accomplish just the right amount of detail with your line work. If I did an animation set within a city, I think I'd like the backgrounds painted like that. I really like the cathedral sketch with the rose window.

Paul
Too bad we didn't meet up this time around, but I'm glad you decided to continue on your own. I like your drawing of the people laying on the grass. We'll see you at the next crawl. [/b]
Danny
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Danny »

here are some that I did (sorry I didn't have comments sooner, I was in a rush when I originally posted):

above: people doing tai-chi in the upper level of the park.

above: lower level of the park: there were really cool animal sculptures worked into the playground. Paul pointed out the lion made up of rounded cubes. I really dig simple stylized pieces.

above: sketchcrawlers sit nice and still for a long time :D that dog however was like wig with legs and too much sugar. It only paused long enough to sniff a pieces of gum. (when I got home my asian fiance said "mmm those pigeons look tasty" )

emma I really like your color work! are you going to color Genevieve and Ann? (nice job capturing their posture btw)

ryan I did that guy with the news paper in #2 and the turtle in 3

vern they're both wonderful. a couple of use looked up at the building with the circle windows and said "wow that'd be cool to draw... but I don't know if we have enough time"... you certainly did :)

paul like the lion head! and the women on the building, and the farie scale was a cool idea. And those pigeons are great! esp: the puzzled one :)

oliver how do you get such sharp thin lines? are you using a mechanical pencil?

john juan #1 is awesome! no wait #2 is awesome --crap they're all awesome... I like the view in the bart ride one.

paulsketch I like the people in the park

paula great photos!

Thanks to all the people who gathered for the cause, it was a lot of fun and I must saying 90% of the fun is the people. You guys rock!

~Danny
Last edited by Danny on Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

Here are a couple of photos Paula emailed me, one from the park and one of the ferry building as she was on her way home.

Ryan - That artist sitting there and waiting for business is great - some of them were wandering around and talking about their work, but some of them just looked sunburned, tired, and ready to go home. Did you see the wire sculptures by the guy who only uses asian girls as models? That's what he told us, anyway.

Vern - the buildings in chinatown were really something. You spent the time getting the perspective and details right, and it looks wonderful...

Paul - I like the ratty pigeon, and the fake pigeon with an audience. Some of those pigeons were really gross-looking. There was one that I really liked in your sketchbook that you didn't post - a kind of brushpen trees and shadows. I don't know if that was Sketchcrawl or not, but it was beautiful.

Oliver - Your pages are great, they're filled with little pieces of Chinatown and if you look at it for a couple of minutes you get a really cool impression of the whole park. Kids, old guys, birds, crazy buildings... I like how it turned out.

John Juan - The bart drawing is really cool, with the entire picture kind of framing the guy in the next car down... I like how you frame your drawings.

Paul(sketch) - ack, sorry for taking off without you! Good to see you had a good time yourself, though. Looks like you found a cathedral-kinda thing of your own to draw. I'm not sure how, but you gave that church personality.

Aaaand I really like your last drawing, Danny, with the bench full of sketchcrawlers and the fluffed-up pigeon. Some nice perspective going on there![/b]
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

Paul
Nice angle and simply beautiful take!!

Danny
good sketches. what is the 2nd one? Sculpture?

emma
Nice Fotos! sunny day and big party!!
Thank you for your foto sharing!

Danny
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Danny »

(I commented my original post... scroll up :) )
Ryan R
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Ryan R »

Vern Nice organic take on all the buildings. I particularly like the Empress of China one.

Paul (frosti) Yes, you drew the camo-hat newspaper vendor! That guy rocks. Those rooftop statues still creep me out though.

Oliver I'm impressed you got so many nice sketches of the kids at Portsmouth square. They're all so adorable but hardly stood still long enough for me to even contemplate how to approach drawing them.

John All of those are great, nice colored pencil work. I really like the angle you have on the first one. Sorry we lost you there :oops:

Paul (sketch) You might not have been able to catch up with us, but you did get some pretty sweet drawing done. It looks like you actually made it to Yerba Buena too :D Props for the color work on the people in the grass.

Danny Emma's not the only one that nailed the posture on Genevieve and Ann, you totally got it down as well. Your take on the Lion sculpture is great as well.

Emma I caught the tail end of the guy who talking about his shadow sculptures. What did he say exactly? It was something like any guy will do as a male model but there was some quality unique to asian girls he "required" for his sculpture.
Hooray for art blogs!
http://stupendium.com/blog/
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

yay nice to see the photo !! Good turn out ...
:)

e
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

yay! more sketches

Post by frosti »

SilverFlagon Thanks!

Oliver Nice work as always - I really like the one of the woman yawning. And Thanks! Though any resemblance is unintentional (or maybe unconscious)

John Juan great sense of space in these.

paulsketch sorry we missed you! I really like your colored pencils.

danny Love your sketch of the lion. I'm gonna have to go back and get some perspective on him and the rest of the critters.

emma Thanks for the photos- boy, it was a really bright day wasn't it? Also, the trees you saw were a scribble from my street - I'm getting really addicted to brush pens.

[/b]

Return to “10th World Wide SketchCrawl”