SketchCrawl Redwood City CA

Post your drawings from Sunday Dec 11th 2005!
RuthTemple
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Success and much drawing in Redwood City, CA

Post by RuthTemple »

Tamara and Elaine-With-Grey-Cats joined Ruth this day and we prowled all over town, drawing everything in sight.

Check over to http://flickr.com/photos/rtds/ to see some of mine, and follow the tag "sketchcrawl" around to see other folks' work uploaded as yet.
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

You guys crawled through a cemetery? That's great; I would never have thought to do that, but you get some really interesting markers and landscapes that way! There's some weird stuff written on some gravestones...
RuthTemple
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by RuthTemple »

yeah, that's an interesting historical cemetery I've been meaning to stroll through soon anyhow, and Judielaine saw it on her way over to the sketchcrawl meeting place and mentioned it - and since there were just the three of us, we decided we were easily mobile enough to drive over.
I didn't even get to some of the cooler monuments...yet!
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Cemetery!

Post by Pica »

Great idea, the cemetery, Emma, there's a great one about 5 miles south of Davis, maybe we should meet there next time!
Letter C
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

great idea

Post by Letter C »

Ruth,
I love the idea of crawling a cemetary. Every town has one or has one near. I'm going to steal that idea. You could do rubbings there too.
C.
I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing.
Vincent VanGogh

You are invited to visit: http://www.carolchapel.com
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

I've seen the weirdest trees at cemetries.
RuthTemple
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

caution on rubbings in some places

Post by RuthTemple »

Since a lot of the stones in this cemetery are really fragile (and some are undergoing restoration these past (and ongoing) years, the local Park and Rec in charge of the place rightly asks folks to please contact them and ask before rubbing - a good practice wherever you go.
I'm content to sketch or photograph; rubbings can be really difficult to do other than on metal plates (not as common outside England) or sometimes highly polished granite.

I'm goin' back there again!
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Nice :lol: I thought of doing that in Boston, but it was just too creepy :shock:

Return to “6th World Wide SketchCrawl”