Boston Sketch Crawl Fun!

Post your drawings from Sunday Dec 11th 2005!
RachelMello
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Boston Sketch Crawl Fun!

Post by RachelMello »

We went out today and had a great time! It was just roozle and me, today, hopefully we'll find more people next time.

I've scanned some of my sketches here, but my sketchbook is 10 x 10, and my scanner is 8.5 x 14, so I've had to crop them poorly for the time being.

I think I'm stretching the definition of "sketch" by spending too long on each one, but I was having too much fun! It had been at least two years since I had last pulled out my little Cotman kit and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.

We started off meeting and sketching over breakfast. The morning seemed like it was going to be cold, and we had made plans to spend it in various indoor locations; but first: breakfast:

I was working on this bagel sandwich... boy was it frustrating sketching it, when really I wanted to be eating it!

By the time we were done with breakfast, it was warm enough in the sun to sketch people by the Frog Pond Skating Rink for a while:

Time constraints were starting to catch up with us after a couple hours (and our toes were getting cold), so we walked across Boston Commons and Gardens, pausing again to sketch the last un-frozen corner of the swan-pond, and all the ducks crammed together swimming in the icy-cold water. (I'll have to post this sketch later, I don't have it scanned now).

Then T to the bus to the art supply store where we had to run errands and to end the day. My last sketch is from the very back of the number 1 Dudley Street bus. No one even noticed me sketching them.

So that was our day today. It was a lot of fun, and I hope more people join us next time, no matter what the season.
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Rachel these are great. I recognized the ice-rink right away. I like the subway sketch a lot. The stops are so quick and close together, good job. Can't wait to see more. :lol:
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Rachel ... yummy donut! The fresh colors made me just bite into it right away! KLONK!! Uups, beware of matt screens :wink:
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Boston Sketchcrawl Fun!

Post by emma »

Wow, that bagel sandwich looks good enough to eat. Awesome colors on that. The icerink painting reminds me of a christmas card... :)
RuthTemple
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Hurrah!

Post by RuthTemple »

Wonderful sketches and great choices for what to sketch.

I always wonder in the back of my brain about how much time to spend on any one sketch, and just decided to vary things between really short and seriously and cosily taking my time. Your loving efforts on the bagel sandwich and the skating rink are wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Looking forward to seeing my LJ-buddy Roozle's scrawls-of-the-day, soon, too.
Wind
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Wind »

Beautiful sketching Rachel! I really enjoyed your skating rink composition. Great job on all of it! :D
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

Nice light water color paint!
and your bagel seems yammy!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

elara
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by elara »

Hi,
I'm so glad to see Boston sketchcrawlers! I hope to join up next round. Nice sketches looks like it was a fun day.
Javedx

Boston Sketchcrawling!

Post by Javedx »

Very cool y'all when's the next round? I would love to join in! Someone pl post

thanks!
Javedx

Return to “6th World Wide SketchCrawl”