Montclair, New Jersey

Post your drawings here ... November 13 2005
bcthree
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Montclair, New Jersey

Post by bcthree »

We just wrapped here in Jersey and had a great time. My wife (Michele Cavin), brother-in-law (Greg Ferraiolo), Jeff Buckland, and Lena Green all spent the day in and around Montclair New Jersey Sketchin', Writing, and playing music! I will scan in my drawings and get those done by Jeff and Lena posted as well. My wife spent the time writing, and that worked wonderful (not being bias). My brother-in-law, spent the time writing songs and playing his guitar, no recordings :(. We ended the day drinking scotch, sharing our drawings and other creations, and playing a mean round of fussball!
bcthree
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Drawings, Photos, and Words

Post by bcthree »

Here is the link to my drawings and pictures, taken by Jeff Buckland. Below that I've pasted what my wife Michele had done on that day. Hope you enjoy! There are more drawings to come from Jeff and Lena. Once they are all collected I plan to bring everything together.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68068912@N00/sets/1373931/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68068912@N00/sets/1374015/

Sketch Crawl – Upper Montclair, N.J. – Nov. 13, 2005
A writer’s perspective
by: Michele Cavin

10:15
Montclair Jewelers 29 and a dark maroon Dodge. The sale sign in the window makes me want to go inside and pick through things. The sale sign in the store, not the car. I really wouldn’t want to pick through someone’s car – tissues, drive through bags, pens, many many pennies. Actually I would like to pick through someone’s car- just to see the details. There’s a green tree air freshener and a tinny soccer ball in a mesh sack hanging from the rear view. I can almost see the reflection of the building behind me in the left side mirror. The kids are gathering around now, baby crying behind me. “Hi Baby!â€
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Awesome loose sketches! The study of the sculpture is amazing, great work!
bcthree
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bcthree »

Thanks Andy! I think I need to go back to that sculpture and do more studies. The material itself is very dark, making for dramatic lighting when the sun hits it.
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

bcthree
wow nice sketches, good report!
photos are very beautiful!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

bcthree
RE: photos
.. such a picturesque place you've been scrawling around.

RE: sketches
Your focussed sketches remind my of letting more and more details behind, to get the main idea the person/subject sketched! I like your style.

Return to “5th World Wide SketchCrawl”