Germany, Dortmund

Post your drawings here ... November 13 2005

Germany, Dortmund

Post by Guest »

After 7 hours SCrawl #5 ended with a beutiful sunset about two hours ago, too. Posts will follow soon!

Take care everyone still on the road ... or in prison (@ SAN FRAN SCrawlers) ;-)
PePe
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Sydney?

Post by Thorsten »

... that's what it said on the menu at my first warming-up-stop in my coffeeshop downtown. Made my day, as I really have been looking forward to sketching today.

This isn't Sydney but one of my first stops in the middle of a "in-repair-lane" of a six-lane-road downtown Dortmund
[@BEAT: see, you are not the only one standing there ;-)]
But indeed, as in Sydney it's the shape of our concert hall as well.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

following up the Sydney-Look-Alike-Contest above the "Le Grand Arch" in Paris ... well it's our town hall and parliament for about 600.000 citizens. The other half of it has been bombed in WWII ...

... but hey, there are still some beautiful buildings left, as one of the tow main churches dowtown. You have to now: Dortmund lies at the sharp border of catholics and evangelic (after the "30 Year Wars" over here ... lateley 1618-1648) - so you had your history lesson for today :wink:

Post will continue! PePe
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

Peter Pen
wow these are great sketches!!
Here is the scene which is not in my town!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

@Paintmonster
Thank you for your replies - in other posts, too ;-)

... yes, Dortmund and Sapporo have the beer-thing in common. As you can see in the detail I took out of my SC-Poster (posted in "Preparations" viewtopic.php?t=361). It still is THE Symbol for brewing over here; the UNION-Brewery's U heading the rebulit ruins of the factory. But there are only some of the breweries left.
bcthree
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bcthree »

Peter Pan, these are great! I like how direct the lines are.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

bcthree .. again, thank you for your comments. Here are some more lines :wink: (by the way: hasn't there been a Japanese restaurant next to the b/w-frame-work-building on your Montclair-photos a long time ago?)

"... where there is no vision, the people will decay"
is written on of the two about four meter (13 feet) long nesting boxes tied to the major old trees in the center of the park in "Nordmarkt" (part of the city named after the "northern market").

If you know the area, you'll see: it makes sense to build a nest for those thoughts there.

I found them by accident just before I wanted to leave. In fact, I had to smile on a second thought of mine: That SC#5-Weekend the newly elected governmental so called "big coalition" of the two peoples parties in Germany finished discussing their plans - they had a lot of figures on their hand, but no vision tying them together ... signs?

One and a half meters tall, they are crawling all over Dortmund. Rhinos with wings. They ought to be animals with a very good sense of hearing. So they became the mascots of our new conerthouse and got different designs. As for our World Wide Scrawl I took this globe-covered one as representative for the rest - one is totally covered with jeans

Post by Guest »

P,
Very nice crawl! I Like best the first ( dome ) and the construction site page, although it's a pity you didn't wrote directly/manually your comments on it. It's much better than any typo.

Rhinos with wings, righhht ... I believe Someone had too many schnapps in Dortmund... ;)
beet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by beet »

oops, previous post was me, not logged.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

wow !!! beautiful sketches !!!

e
:D
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Cool! Really great sketches. The nesting box on the tree is awesome :)
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

beet ... thank you for your nice and constructive-minded comments! YES, indeed, the lettering didn't really help on the construction sketch!!! But: it's not printed on the original!

And RE:Schnapps/Rhinos! Ts, ts, ts, see: drawing doesn't mean believing :wink: .... here's the proof-logo Image ... *hickup-hicks* ... beg' you pardon, Sir!

enrico ... thank you, too! I am still curious, how your sketches will come out here. Seems you are very busy

andy ... thank you!! The nesting-box-motto really followed me the rest of the week ...

Return to “5th World Wide SketchCrawl”