New York, New York

Post your drawings here !!! Join the sharefest 2005.
xtine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

New York, New York

Post by xtine »

Well, I didn't think I'd be able to sketch much at all... but, my husband pulled me outside for a little break! We took our daughter to her new favorite spot in Soho, the Vesuvio Playground. I'm afraid I only came away with two sketches:

My tiny daughter loves to climb all over these wooden beams that look like some kind of strange sculpture rather than play equipment.

Crude drawing of side of apartment building... unusual for this neighborhood that the wall is completely blank!

Then I promptly went back home, slaved at my desk for some hours, and crashed at 10pm! Sooooo... I hope us East Coasters can get organized and get a group for the next Sketchcrawl!

Thanks, Enrico!! I do love this idea so much... the idea of art, city, home, and people coming together is tremendous.
--christine
bcthree

Never made it out...

Post by bcthree »

Hey Christine,

At least you found your sketch book! The weekend went better then I thought but I never even got a chance to think about it. I did get allot of people at work interested but it was too short of notice. I may try and get an interim crawl going so we can take advantage of the weather before it, literally, turns South.

My wife and I also talked about doing a Sketch-n-pedal in New Jersey. (I'm a bike freak on top of drawing. Nothing crazy, Cruiser’s, Pista’s, and Stingray’s welcome). Sometime mid-September. I'll keep you posted.

bob cavin3
http://bcthree.blogspot.com/2005/08/no- ... l-but.html
FAB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by FAB »

your daughter seems to be very nimble,
great !!

:)
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

thank you for your sharing christine.
Furthermore, please report details.
I am interested in your town!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Nice work xstine !! Thanks for joining in ... I miss NY !!!
Gotta make a long weekend trip soon ... perfect excuse for a SC.

E
storydesign
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by storydesign »

I am glad to see you made it out for a bit xtine, nice drawings, thank you for showing them. NYC is a fantastic place to draw and Lower Manhattan is my favorite, I lived there for 3 years. please send more sketches in your neigborhood!
jm

Return to “4th World Wide SketchCrawl day!”