San Francisco Sketchcrawl #4

Post your drawings here !!! Join the sharefest 2005.
garima
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by garima »

hey amelia,

i was smearing away on saturday. but now its time to get one of those lovely water pens. i think you had one too. loved your blog and the water sketch called relaxed. :D

garima
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Sketchcrawl #4 was a great turnout. It was nice to see the returning sketchcrawlers once again and to meet so many new faces. Everyone's sketches are so inspiring. See you all at Sketchcrawl #5...Soon, I hope. :)
amelia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by amelia »

Garima- thanks! I visited your site and your illustrations look great, also the venus fly-traps in 3D were amusing... :D

Gdedios- those pictures are wonderful. I love how I can tell where and when you were drawing. I recognize the guy in the checkered shirt. I think I drew him too, except I changed his clothing a bit (you know...artistic license, right?)

amelia
chris ocampo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chris ocampo »

hey everyone! thanks for the comments.
these are all great sketches. its really interesting seeing everyone's journey that day. and everyone's take on the same subject matter.

i really like hoffman's sketch of the city with the bridge on the horizon and the sketch of page and stanyan. those dark organic wires really contrast the geometric and light buildings.
i also like enricos picture of the duck in the foreground with the couple walking off into the horizon. it has a great mood. and your drawings of the garage sale are awesome. old shoes are such great still life subjects. i'm jealous that i didn't get to draw that stuff. i also like the way you captured the delicate gesture of the little girl reaching for the shoes with her other hand counter balancing...or maybe anticipating her fall.? great stuff.
that sketch that biocreep did of the drum circle is fantastic. that cast of characters is really entertaining. it has sucj a great sense of caricature and really captures the diversity of that eclectic crowd.
jeff d, i like the way you composed all yer sketches in boxes. it's very pictorial... and by that i mean that it transforms isolated subject sketches and gives it all context.
gdedios, that sketch of the japanese garden architecture seen through the trees is such a nice shot.
looking at everyone's stuff makes me want to bring my paints out next time.

i hope we could do this more often. this was a very different drawing experience for me. there's a lot of energy when you are drawing in a large group like that. don't you think?
i had a great time thanks to everyone.
noahpb
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by noahpb »

It was great to see a bunch of new people this time. I also liked seeing progression in the work of people who were there for previous outings.

Enrico, thanks for putting together another excellent day.

-Noah

philmo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by philmo »

WOW! all the sketches are so good!! very interesting to see different parts of the world that i would not have been able to see otherwise!

enrico
your sketches are nice! the duck is my favorite, hard to pick though. Thanks for doing all you do with this site! sketchcrawl is awesome! i hope to increase my sketching abilities and everyone here is a great inspiration! this is awesome :!:
phil moffat
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Great pieces JeffD, Amelia, Garima, Gerald and Noah !!!
All so nice and different ... that's what's so neat about this, seeing all the different approaches and sensibilities ...
Chris- very good points ... I am glad you enjoyed the day ...

E
budamonsta
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by budamonsta »

Hey everyone it's Ali here,
First and Formost i just want to say thanks to Enrico and Ronnie, I had a great time. This is my second time at SketchCrawl and it keeps getting more and more incredible. It was great seeing the big turnout, seeing people from the last time and meeting new people, can't wait till the next SketchCrawl.

Here is what I did for the day:

And here are some Pics:

Image[/img]

Post by Guest »

Congratulations to all who came to draw and hike. The best Sketchcrawl yet! Here's a couple of mine drowrings.

http://www.ronniedelcarmen.com/blog1/blog.html
zipchips
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

guy sketching

Post by zipchips »

Chris, Great professional looking work! I liked the guy to the right of one of the pages. the guy with the floppy had sketching.
Cool!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

ah awesome Ronnie !!! I hadn't noticed you had posted !!!
But I had the luck to have seen all of these anyway ... X)

Budamonsta- nice sketches and thanks for sharing the photos as well !

E
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

Hey all,
It was a great day seeing familiar faces and meeting new people! Here's my stuff for the day and a few I did the next day at the Golden Gate Ren Faire.

http://www.karenluk.net/sf2_sketchcrawl.htm

Enjoy! :D
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

very nice Karen !!! Nice brushy lines ... I like the people laying in the park page especially ...

E
budamonsta
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by budamonsta »

Thanks Enrico, I'm glad you like the sketches as well as the photos.
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Such amazing work everyone! Wish I was there :)

Return to “4th World Wide SketchCrawl day!”