SketchCrawl San Francisco

Share your drawings from the May 21st crawl! 2005
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

SketchCrawl San Francisco

Post by enrico »

Was a blast ... we had the most astounding beautiful weather and a great turn out ...
I think we had around 40 people, I will do a precise head count asap (by the way, if you participated to the day and didn't sign my sketchbook, please drop me an email)...
Thank you so much to you all for participating ... it was quite something ... you all did great sketches which was so much fun perusing through at the end of the day at the brewery !

I will have photos and some drawings of the amazing day up soon !
Cheers !!

Enrico
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

here's a start ... X)

I did a head count of the people who signed my sketchbook and I have 39 signatures ! I am pretty sure a couple of people forgot to sign in ... so we had a little more than 40 people ... excellent !
X)
Such a nice relaxing day in the sun ... it was great to walk around with all of you ...
I have a lot of photos to upload ... as soon as I can ...

E
Donzo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Donzo »

Enrico-

Nice sketch of the Vespa! It was nice to meet you and everyone else on saturday. It was nice to meet some great artists who just happen to be very nice people. Thank you for getting such a great idea off the ground!

I will try to get my sketches up asap...

best-

don kilpatrick
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Donzo ... glad you caught up with the group ... nice meeting you ...
I will send you the t-shirt asap !

Don't miss Ronnie's awesome sketches and write up from the day ... X)
http://www.ronniedelcarmen.com/blog1/20 ... -done.html

E
Reggaenights
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Reggaenights »

Once again, thank you so much for this great opportunity. I had a blast at the 3rd Worlwide Sketchcrawl and couldn't ask for more. Met great people, saw some great art, geeked out occasionally (frequently), and visited places in SF I never thought existed. Also, I loved the "no pressure" attitude of everyone there; it seemed like we were all there to draw and share our art with nothing but excitement and respect for the art and the process. On that note, here's some of my process, and I do believe they are all very much a process since I tried to capture too much in one day, producing less than desirable drawings to actually look at. Yet, following the spirit of the crawl I feel compeled to post them. Enjoy:

(btw, Ronnie, I'm sorry for not giving Tess some color. You guys were walking pretty fast when you came in the building that all I saw were a couple of smiles, shades, and a big orange shirt)

Later,
Ré
larry
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by larry »

Heyas, it was so great to get out and meet a bunch of cool art folks, enjoy the weather, see the city, and make myself draw. I'd been looking forward to the crawl for a while and will sure be at the next one... looking through people's books at the brewery was totally awesome and inspiring. Here are a couple of pen sketches. Cheers,

-Larry

PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

Enrico
Waaao super cool water color paint!!!
I want this!!!!!!

Reggaenights
These are beautiful croque's!!
especially red(brown) shirts one!

quisque
Nice line arts!
very clean and simple!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

IronCrayon93
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by IronCrayon93 »

I had a fantastic time sketching with all you guys! :D I hope to do again. I'll post my drawings soon.
"Your first drawing may not be the best nor the 100th. No matter how many times your learning from what you can improve."
Reggaenights
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Reggaenights »

PaintMonster: Domo. It seems I got the most response out of that one, with Ronnie. Yet, looking back on those drawings, I feel like the girl in the first sketch: Urgh!! (I guess she really sets the tone to what's to come...) :T

Well, I'm glad you like them either way. Coming from you that is very much appreciated - Sketchcrawl Sapporo looks so much fun. I especially like the orange sketches on your last post. The old man looks great! There's so much attitude about him. Daisuki! Daisuki!! :mrgreen:

quisque: DAAAAAAAAMMMNNN! That's Guuud! The compositions are really nice and asymmetrical.
Later,
Ré
Uloo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Comments from Uloo

Post by Uloo »

enrico: Ah, nice Vespa, sir. There's a Vespa dealer a block or two from where I work.
S'fun to stand across the street and gaze at them resting in colorful rows like a box of paints.

Reggaenights: Gee, I love the "circular" simplicity of the fellow smoking. That's great stuff.

quisque: Such nice line drawings! You have a good eye for shapes. I admire your pen use.
Donzo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Donzo »

Hello everyone!

Again, it was so nice to meet you all. I wish that i could have spent the whole day drawing with you, but i am glad that i was able to meet up with you at the brewery after.

I love what everyone has going on with their sketches!

Thanks again, and i can't wait to see more..

Don

These links should work-

http://photos11.flickr.com/15419365_364bd936ff_o.jpg

http://photos9.flickr.com/15419364_9d94f041f4_o.jpg

http://photos11.flickr.com/15419366_054d712b87_o.jpg
noahpb
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by noahpb »

Wow, Saturday was a beautiful day to meet new people and also catch up with others from the last Sketchcrawl. I think I spent more time talking than drawing and I appreciate how people were willing to give advice. It was a privilege to spend time drawing with such talented folks...

-Noah

Here are a couple of my sketches:
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I loooove that harley ... what an awesome loose sketch Noah ...

thanks so much for coming again, I also did more talking than drawing, but enjoyed the day nontheless ... X)

later !

E
Reggaenights
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Reggaenights »

How could I forget! Enrico, yes, that vespa is damn handsome! Where did you find that? Was it at the bottom of the filbert steps. Anyway, can't wait to see more of your sketches. (I don't think I saw them at GB.)

Noah: Great detail on that tower. I can see where you're going with that on the pencils.
Later,
Ré
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

Sketchcrawl was awesome, I'm wishing that there was one again next week (although if it happened too often, people would get burnt out, I guess)... here's some of the stuff I did.

From the top of the CCA building...

Larry - I like your stuff a lot, it's kind of deceptively simple...

Return to “3rd World Wide SketchCrawl day!”