Finding One-Another

Anything to do with drawing around the globe ...

Moderator: Gerald

lynnechapman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Finding One-Another

Post by lynnechapman »

As a brand new member, I would like to be able to filter posts by region, so that I can quickly check out what's happening and who's around near to me. This doesn't seem to be possible at the moment, unless I'm just being a thicky (which is of course is always possible!).

Is there anyone sketching in the UK other than in London??
Deanna Tres Orejas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Finding One-Another

Post by Deanna Tres Orejas »

Ditto. I'm sketching and painting in the Taos area of New Mexico. I've been using the search tool for various forum topics without success. Seems like there should be sketchcrawl members involved in the art and artist rich area of Taos. Am I right? I like sketching alone but it would be nice to once in a while have a sketching buddy too...
AVBK
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by AVBK »

I draw in the South Wales area and sometimes in Bristol. From the Sketchcrawl results there seem to be a whole load of fantastic sketchers in Oxford. I enjoy your contributions to Urban Sketchers.
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Hi Lynn, Deanna and AVBK,

It seems to be a similar case around the world. In the Bay Area, there have been many interest to
conduct a Sketchcrawl in other Bay Area cities, but San Francisco is a such large city and offers
many forms of public transportation (bus, Bart, Ferry) are easily accessible for everyone.

There's also nothing wrong with a solo crawl. When I see solo crawls, I'm always surprised at the location
that has been sketched because I never knew it existed?! Show other artists in the forums what your
suggested town/city has to offer :thumbup:

I recommend suggesting ahead of time - what city you would like to have the next Sketchcrawl.
Post a new topic when the next Sketchcrawl is announced. Let artists in your country know about your
town/city. Include links, photos and plenty of suggestions of landmarks that artist can sketch, places
to roam and explore. Make flyers and post in cafe's, markets, galleries, schools, etc. Sounds like
a lot of work.....it is. But these are all the steps I took when I recommended a city outside
of San Francisco. This suggested city outside of San Francisco had lots to offer and the turn out was
a great success.

Thanks & hope to see your posts in the next crawl :)
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by frosti »

Maybe it would be a Good Thing to setup a Locations section? I'm thinking about trying to pull together an Orange County group, as there are a lot of artists here, but for the last crawl it was much easier to join the LA crew. If there were a locations section, people could more easily locate activities in their locale, and it might make assembling groups for the "big crawl" days simpler too.

Just a thought :-)
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Great suggestion Frosti,

LA is definitely an establish Sketchcrawl city for the past 3 years now. I'm surprised there's not an Orange County one yet (as big as it is)? I'm sure if you coordinate one, you'll get a really good amount of artists to attend :thumbup:
northener
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by northener »

Hello globe-sketchers!
I am traveling from Richmond Va. to Ceret France via Barcelona (overnight March 17). If Please contact me if you would like to meet to draw .I will be in Ceret until the 28th of March.Feel free to contact me.

Return to “Miscellaneous SketchCrawl discussion”