Life Drawing San Francisco

Anything to do with drawing around the globe ...

Moderator: Gerald

bustedpuppet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Life Drawing San Francisco

Post by bustedpuppet »

Dear Sketchcrawlers,

Apologies for posting a bit off-topic, so I'll keep it brief. A few of us have started organizing a FREE open life drawing session in San Francisco, and I figure it may be of interest to the SF artists on this forum as weekly free life drawing sessions are hard to find... which is why we made one. It's also a good way to keep drawing while wintertime is going on outdoors.

This group meets Monday nights, 7-10pm.
We draw at a private music rehearsal studio near Civic Center BART; email me at bustedpuppet@gmail.com for address.
The sessions are free because we don't hire a model - we just take turns posing for each other. Clothed or nude is at the option of the artist posing (so most poses are clothed).
The core group is comprised of a few drawing instructors and ex-guild models. All drawing levels are welcomed, we can offer light instruction if you want it.
Atmosphere is very casual; bring all your own supplies; we have no easels.

Thanks much, and I'll hopefully see you at the next SF crawl!

Dax
bustedpuppet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Life Drawing San Francisco

Post by bustedpuppet »

As of April 13th 2014, this free drawing group is meeting again (after a long hiatus) — this time on Sundays, 3-6pm.

Contact dax@villainette.com for the address & any other questions (group is off 9th/Howard in San Francisco, near Civic Center BART)

In the past we haven't hired a model, but take turns drawing each other, generally just in our street clothes. This means that, unlike other drawing sessions, there is no cover charge. Maybe some day we'll hire models, if we're all feeling rich.

You'll want to bring your own drawing supplies. A few drawing boards are available. No easels. No instruction.

Fine tea provided, snacks encouraged.

And no, no one cares that you can't draw, so don't use that as your excuse.

Return to “Miscellaneous SketchCrawl discussion”