2nd World Wide SkechCrawl coming up this spring!

Share your drawings from March 6th 2005
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

ok ... gonna just set it back to the basic look ...
thanks for the feedback

E
janbow

wow

Post by janbow »

charmed and grateful for speedy resolution of unreadable page!

thanks to wonders of www, yes, waterbrushes are trackdownable here
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

excellent, where did you find them on the web ? It might be useful for other people who can't find them in local stores either ...

E
papercupp
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

March 6th 2nd World Wide SketchCrawl day!

Post by papercupp »

hey enrico,
spreading the world here, i've already spoken to all of my friends about the sketchcrawl but there are just a few of them(1 to be honest :( ) that are somehow related to what it's about, soo we're going out together with a guy who's making a photohunt(he's probably supporting us from the capital city).

we're from a town in the south of bulgaria-see, it's well spread :wink:
i think there aren't that much sketchcrawlers around that area, but i'm proud to be the first!

me and my friend we're both like pre-students, still attending drawing classes but wanted to try and see what happens.
and again, great thing you've started!

New forum colors

Post by Guest »

Hey, love the new forum colors - beautiful!

M
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Small town in the south of Bulgaria ! Awesome !
Gotta love the internet ...
can't wait for next sunday !

E
janbow

waterbrushes

Post by janbow »

http://www.heatoncooper.co.uk/

for waterbrushes in uk but there are others

just use google

though think i'm actually going to be using karisma pencils this time. (best coloured pencils in world though. more drawing shops should sell them!)

www.janbow.com
internationalhobo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by internationalhobo »

jan you just save me a bunch... been looking for em all over the shop.
I'll be using a biro, hard sharp and very satisfying lines.
i.c.

austin's sketching, too

Post by i.c. »

www.austinsketchgroup.com
we meet every sunday to sketch, usually at a coffee shop in downtown. this sunday we're meeting at pease park with the staple group ( www.staple-austin.org ).
we'll have you guys in mind on the 6th!
i.c.

here's my website

Post by i.c. »

nil
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nil »

For anyone in the Cambridge, UK area, Heffers graphics has Kuretake water brushes (rebranded Art-Kure). You can also get ones with paint already inside, but Enrico's method with just a water-filled brush and the little half-pan paint set is more compact and economical. (Thanks again, E, for spreading the idea!)

I second (third, ...) the notion that these pens are great. They made the difference between my hating watercolours to using them to sketch outdoors, standing up.

Pentel also makes a nice brush pen with india ink inside, with replaceable cartridges.

As for Karisma pencils, they look suspiciously like Prismacolors...I've noticed that here in the UK, they rename things in funny ways sometimes... :wink:
a Chris
nil
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nil »

Of course, a biro (ball-point) is a highly-underappreciated sketching tool. The absolute ubiquity and incredible inexpensiveness of the things makes it easy to overlook the technological achievement involved: a fairly precise ball bearing and viscous, water-resistant ink combination refined over decades of mass manufacturing!

Some of us (well, I) take for granted the absolute triviality of making tidy, legible marks on paper, to the extent that we actively seek something less mundane than a ball-point to sketch with.

...OK OK, back to work with me... :roll:
a Chris
baerd
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by baerd »

Mass e-mailed almost everyone from the 1st Sketchcrawl about two weeks back, hope people start pouring in:) Though it's great to see so many new faces...

Not entirely sure if I will be able to pull it off this Sunday, will be in a bus between Penang and Kuala Lumpur, but if it happens, hey there will be drawings from Malaysia yet again:D
Bezman

Waterbrush available in Glasgow

Post by Bezman »

For those around Glasgow, you can pop into the Art Store near Queen St. Station. They have the waterbrushes, although seem to only have a couple.

£3-65 I think.

I'd love to take part, but need to work non-stop to get a project done. If only it was next month... Ah well. Have fun everyone! I'll be thinking of you.

Return to “2nd World Wide SketchCrawl day!”