sketch crawl in San Diego

Share your drawings from March 6th 2005

sketch crawl in San Diego

Post by Guest »

Hi everyone! Heya Enrico! here are my sketches:

Joe(he will post his sketches soonish) and I woke up early and drove two hours to San Diego to sketch. The plan was to hit the Gaslight district for its architecture and then go to Balboa Park for people and animals as well as Spanish architecture and other fun things to draw.
We started our sketch day sitting in a chocolate bar in S.D. on G and 5th Ave eating free chocolate caramel samples at 10:30AM and drawing the amazingly intricate building across the way. Then walking some more we spotted an incredible skinny building built in 1888! We had to draw that! So I sat on a fire hydrant of some sort and Joe stood on the sidewalk and we drew. A lady from across the street shouted if she could see our sketches and ran all the way to us just to look. :)

We took a break for lunch and recovered from food coma by sketching a little at the courtyard of the restaurant.

then left for Balboa Park where I just sat next to this juggler and drew the audience the whole time. :)

Had to call it a night at around 6:00pm because I had plans to meet my sister in Irvine for home cooked dinner!

It was a great sketh crawl day and I am already planning where I want to go draw for the next one!

Cat
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

wow! Awesome Cat! Thanks for joining in the craziness!!!
Amazing work as always ... love it ...
The last kid to the left especially.

:D

E
joe

Post by joe »

tis joe, who was with cat on sketch crawl day
here are my sketches from sunday. it was a lovely day. i had the biggest borrito of my life, it was the size of my forearm... then at balboa park we met up with a friend of mine from highschool and he sketched too, i'll send him a link so he can get his stuff posted as well. and dinner at cat's sister's was especially good as well. it was a day of good friends, sketchin, and grood food.
to the sketches!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

sweet Joe ! :D

E

Return to “2nd World Wide SketchCrawl day!”